XII • DANCE BACK FROM THE GRAVE

twelve | danser de la tombe

French Quarter

Monique Deveraux, Rebekah and Elijah Mikaelson walk through the busy streets of the Quarter side by side while they talk about the recent events.

The young man calmly begun, "Now, you may doubt him, but today, I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress." There definitely is hope for Niklaus Mikaelson, after all, they were right.

"Please, Elijah. Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out?" From the garden in which he was imprisoned by the former leader Marcel, if she might add, Rebekah spoke on after a scoff of pure disbelief for her brother.

The young vampire spoke after a genuinely tired sigh, "Well, why would you?" Isn't the former prisoner is known to resent the Original family?

Because Thierry Vanchure can be their ally now, "Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him. I like that about Thierry. I also like that he used to date a witch, so he knows about French Quarter covens. Maybe he can lead me to whoever stole off with the Harvest magic, hopefully."

"Hopefully, you won't like him in your typical way of letting your lover tag along with us. Hmm." Monique fakes a cute smile of sympathy as she looks at her icy blonde best friend, "The girl who loved too easily. How sad."

"How sick. He's not my type, and that's not the point now." Rebekah spat.

"Rebekah, we are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual." Elijah said as a reference of Davina Claire's necessary sacrifice to save the entire town.

The blonde shakes her head a little, "That's just it. There was no outcome. We all know that power like that doesn't just vanish. I say someone stole it. I'd like to know who, and then I'd like to make an ally out of them." Soon.

"To what end, exactly?" Monique asked as she walks, genuinely curious.

"I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them." To fight, and Rebekah would do anything to achieve her sweet freedom eventually.

"I expect such behavior from Niklaus. It's so very disappointing when it comes from you, Rebekah." Elijah slowly shakes his head, upset by his sister, "Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here? He's invited us back into our family home. He yearns for our family to be reunited." Together, always and forever, and Monique is even one of them.

"Yes. He's in a brilliant mood now, but for how long? It's his trick, Elijah. He lulls you into a false sense of camaraderie and kinship, and then he turns on you like a snake. I fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in my chest for my trouble. No more." Rebekah truly expressed defensively.