XIII • CRESCENT CITY

thirteen | ville du croissant

Lafayette Cemetery

Many tourists, most of them are genuinely curious and utterly interested to learn more about the local though sacred cemetery belonging to the well-known honorable Deveraux family, are taking pictures of the revived Marcy Deveraux's empty grave. Monique and Sophie walk into the cemetery side by side, both utterly confused and horrified when they see the state of their family's tomb, which is supposed to be much more sacred and should be respected more than the rest, considering the Deveraux family name seems to be somewhat royalty in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

However, when Sophie runs inside their family's old mausoleum, with Monique trailing after her, they find Sabine and Marcy waiting for her; Marcy Deveraux, her niece who was chosen to be one of the four young witches to be sacrificed at the altar for the necessary though horrifying Harvest ritual.

A short sigh leaves Monique, "Well, look who woke up from the dead." The real question now is how, concerning over what happened to Papa Tunde.

"Marcy? What is it? What's going on?" Sophie asked the witches frantically, remaining in denial and disbelief that her one and only niece is now alive.

A triumphant smile shows up on Sabine's lovely face, "It's a miracle."

When Sophie sees her young niece Marcy even clearly, a genuinely surprised gasp escapes her, unable to believe who she is seeing at this very moment, her dark brown eyes growing wide, "Marcy? Oh my God, you're alive!"

Monique closely watches, genuinely curious and skeptical, as Sophie quickly rushes over to her beloved niece and embraces her into a big warm hug, genuinely thrilled to see her, though Marcy seems less enthusiastic, which doesn't fail to escape Monique's observant notice with sharp eyes.

****

Mikaelson Compound

Elijah crouches down to examine Papa Tunde's lifeless body closer, while Marcel and Klaus stand beside him and watch on skeptically in confusion; the cold, lifeless body which was found by Diego earlier with the throat slit. Who could have done this to their mortal foe? What actually happened? Or perhaps the dangerous old witch himself slit his own throat, though why? Could this be a part of his dark sacrificial magic, including himself? Perhaps.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" Klaus mentioned sarcastically after a roll of his eyes in pure annoyance.

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah questioned.

"Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel recalled in excellent memory.