XXXVII • THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU

French Quarter/Mikaelson Compound/Mikaelson Loft, New Orleans

Rebekah Mikaelson, remaining in her witch vessel, is wandering around a street bazaar full of several witches selling various wares as she talks to her brothers via a three-way phone call; Klaus is standing on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, watching as four werewolves spar with each other, while Elijah is looking through his closet for a suit to wear for the day.

"Enough already with the family squabbling! Come on, Nik! Even you can see that the situation has become awkward!" Rebekah boldly mentioned, especially considering Hayley's husband has already moved into the compound by their brother's invitation during the toast at the ceremony, which he probably only did that to prove them wrong about his raw envy.

"If that's not the truth, then I don't know what is." Monique piped in as she speed-walks into the spacious bedroom, she's sharing with her own lover, with a smart black suit by a hanger in hand to show it to the young man; Elijah smiles gratefully at her, to which she only smiles sweetly in return.

"There's nothing awkward about it! Hayley and Hope belong in the compound where they are safe. As much as the lot of you think that the presence of Hayley's new husband offends me, consider the invitation of the compound to be his new home as in to prove you wrong." Klaus denied, which they actually assumed correctly, considering how predictable he is.

"He's still in denial, I see." Monique mentioned in a genuinely tired manner, "Nik, you do know that you can't take down Finn all by yourself, and as ridiculous as it may sound, we would only help you if only you would just admit the truth; that your delicate sensibilities are offended by the mother of your child's new husband, who's now living under the same roof with you. I doubt that he's going to be safe for much longer with you around." It seems that he's living with his own competitor to fight for Hayley's affection, which begs the question; who will she choose eventually?

Does she even have true feelings for Jackson, her own necessary husband? Although if Klaus do murder him, Hayley would never forgive him, for sure. Besides, how petty could he be? If he really does have raw feelings for Hayley, he would let her be happy with someone else-- he should respect her decisions, her beliefs, her responsibilities for the benefit of their child. Although the consideration that Jackson may be Hope's step-father really irritates him and squeezes his heart out of nagging envy, that's for certain.

"I agree. Otherwise, you're welcome to continue sulking behind those four walls." Elijah resumed as he wears his provided smart suit for the day right in front of the full-length mirror, which is not too far from his own lover.

"I see. Then does your leave justify my victory which you both so loathe to watch that I'm not as offended as you think I am?" Klaus mocked the pair.

"As I have explained to you repeatedly, brother, my presence here with Monique in Algiers is purely to assemble allies. And given all the enemies we have afoot in the form of wayward siblings and ancient, maniacal aunt Dahlias, I would think that you would applaud our efforts." Elijah snapped in pure annoyance, to defend both him and his lover's intention to be here.

"Well, if it's my applause you seek, you two shouldn't have dashed off in a bloody huff! If you're on a honeymoon, at least let me know." Klaus teased to annoy both his brother and his best friend at the same time, pleased.

A scoff of ridicule escapes Monique as she watches Elijah, frustrated, gestures angrily with his arms, though Klaus obviously cannot see them from the French Quarter. Rebekah sighs and tries to get them back on track.