XXXIII • BROTHERHOOD OF THE DAMNED

St. Anne's Catholic Church/Mikaelson Compound

A long dark brown-haired middle-aged woman covers all of the statues inside the local Catholic church with red satin sheets. Outside the building, however, everyone is wearing white and/or red clothing; several children run through the street carrying flags as they play, while many adults mingle on the busy concrete pavements. A parade of parishioners march up the main street in white and red robes, some of whom are carrying their own statues covered in red sheets. Among the busy crowd is Klaus Mikaelson, who is rushing down the busy street while he speaks to Marcel Gerard, who is anxiously pacing around a spacious room at the compound, on his phone.

"I've searched the entire French Quarter-- Finn has vanished. I can't remove the barrier that has you trapped until I have my hand around his throat."

A heavy sigh of exhaustion leaves Marcel, "I was hoping you had a Plan B." Instead of searching for only one witch, there are many others in the city.

"Marisa. She doesn't know it yet, but she's going to help me break his spell. Your job? Keep Kol alive. At least until we learn Rebekah's whereabouts." Considering she isn't in the body of Angelica Barker at all, thanks to Kol.

Marcel rolls up his left shirtsleeve and looks down at his forearm, where he has a large, nasty-looking werewolf bite. He winces quietly and sighs again as he flashes back to the previous day, when he was restraining one of the young werewolf leaders, Jerick, who ended up biting him in the struggle.

Klaus grows impatient when he gets no reply, "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah. Uh, that all sounds fine and good, but listen...when I was getting the werewolves out, I got bit." Marcellus admitted in even more exhaustion.

At this breaking bad news, Klaus stops in his tracks and closes his dark turquoise eyes as a genuinely tired sigh leaves him, clearly stressed by this, though he reopens them with a serious frown when he senses as if he's being watched; clearly anxious if it's a witch-- or presumably Vincent/Finn, he slowly looks around his busy surroundings to become less suspicious until he quickly catches sight of a seemingly familiar young woman, who stands tall around five feet eight, with wavy dark chocolate brown hair walking through the busy crowd of many adults, losing sight of her in them.

Once Marcel gets no reply on the other end of the line, he grows impatient as well to be left hanging in the conversation, "Hello? Klaus, you there?"

"I will get you my blood. I will get you out of that house, Marcellus." Vowed Klaus as the young vampire nods in understanding, "Whatever it takes."

The two hang up. Marcel looks over at the large Mikaelson seal on one of the walls, which has a long dragon eating an animal underneath the large M. As he stares at it, his undeniably clear vision starts to blur, and the toxic werewolf venom in his veins causes him to be transported into a flashback.

****

St. Anne's Catholic Church

Klaus is impatiently pacing back and forth in front of the sacristy while Marisa Westphall sets up a magical circle with runes made out of salt on the floor in front of the first row of pews, determined to aid him find Vincent/Finn in order to actually find a way to lower the boundary spell at the compound to get the vampires, especially her brother Kaleb/Kol, free.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves him, "Haven't you found Finn yet?"

Although Marisa just ignores him, as she remains in silence for her necessary concentration, and continues to work on setting up for her significant spell.