XLII • CITY BENEATH THE SEA

forty-two | ville sous la mer

St. Louis Cathedral

Elijah Mikaelson has just showed up in the bell tower of the dilapidated cathedral to meet with Eden and Freya and determine the next step in their plan. Freya has begun to panic while Eden remains seemingly displeased by what they have done to Klaus when Elijah updated them on recent events.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Eden, "Well that's just great, isn't it?" Not, considering her former lover is now poorly desiccated by the mystical golden dagger, which was made by Davina and Kol, truly annoying her.

Freya shakes her head in denial, confronting her brother, "Hayley is gone?! You need to get her and the baby back here, immediately!" For safety.

"When Dahlia has been defeated. For now, they are safe." With Jackson Kenner, along with the rest of their pack, at the bayou, Elijah assured her.

A scoff of disbelief escapes Eden, "Yeah, they're safe, alright. 'Safe' with the very people who your beloved aunt could easily take down with a snap of her fingers, especially since their own leader was possessed by her too." Jackson was temporarily possessed by the old witch as well, unfortunately, hence what makes any of them think that staying with him is a good idea? A part of Dahlia's spirit-- her darkness could probably remain in him as well.

"No..." Freya frantically starts setting up the components of a significant spell at the table, littered with a dozen of unlit candles, "Nowhere is safe from Dahlia, and we will have no chance of ending her without that baby."

The young man looks at his own sister skeptically, "What are you saying?"

"Dahlia is protected by a powerful magic. We have collected items that represent her vulnerabilities-- sacred soil, the ash of a fallen Viking, and the blood of the witch who broke her heart." The blonde Original listed out, remaining visibly bitter about using the raw ashes of their own deceased vampire father, thanks to Klaus in ending him with the indestructible white oak stake for the second time after the previous two years ago in Virginia.

Although they all truly require all of Dahlia's weaknesses to end her soon; to protect themselves from her-- especially Hope, Hayley, Klaus, their family.

"Yours." He effortlessly recognised, along with their brother's own ex.

"Yes. Now, I will use these ingredients to create a 'killing ground' where Dahlia will be rendered mortal, but...we need to lure her there, Elijah."

"Are you suggesting that I position my niece as bait?" He questioned.

"Thought she already made it crystal clear for you, Elijah." Eden shrugs.

Freya stops setting up her significant spell, though remains speechless after Eden's confirmation, as Elijah averts his skeptical gaze between the ladies.

"Well, how wonderfully convenient, to offer this strategy when Niklaus has been removed." Otherwise, he would be more than furious, said Elijah.

A feigned sweet smile comes upon Eden's beautiful face, "Why, thank you."

Freya shakes her head defensively, "Klaus cannot be reasoned with."