XXVI • LIVE AND LET DIE

Marcel Gerard's Loft

The vampires, which were turned by Marcel, and even Josh, himself, are all congregated around his brand new apartment, where they are all drinking and talking. Gia stands against the wall with her eyes closed, and catches a dart thrown by a fellow vampire before it can hit her in the face. When she opens her chocolate brown eyes, a laugh of genuine victory leaves her and holds out her right hand to the young dark brown-haired male vampire.

A truly mischievous smirk comes upon her beautiful expression, "Pay up!" For one hundred dollars, to be precise, as a part of their deal by the dare without even realizing the pair of sky blue eyes watching her all morning across the room; Sebastian, who's drinking at the far mini bar with Josh.

The young male vampire hands her a one-hundred-dollar bill in defeat. Across the room, Josh is checking a message on a dating app on his phone, on which his username is NoLaYolo019, next to the drinking Sebastian when Marcel walks over to them and hands the young vampire a drink of his own. Sebastian stares at the bottom of his glass of old bourbon when he spoke.

"Any good?" Which he mentioned to the younger vampire about the app.

Josh tilts his head cutely, "Well, since you asked...Yeah, there's this one guy. We've been messaging so far, but...I think I like him. Like, really like him."

Sebastian shrugs it off as no big deal at all, "So, what's the problem?"

"Oh, I don't know...I might have left a few things out of the old profile. For example, what has two thumbs and drinks blood to survive? Oh, right! This guy." Josh sarcastically gives both older young men a double-thumbs-up.

A scoff of utter disbelief escapes Sebastian, "Being what you are isn't an excuse. You just have to keep a low-profile, it's easy." He pours a new glass.

"Yeah, for how long? He's going to notice one day, somehow, that I'm not getting any older any time soon." Josh reminded his brand new friend.

Sebastian rolls his sky blue eyes, annoyed, at the logical reminder and Josh gives only Marcel a double-thumbs up this time, which makes Marcel laugh. After a moment, Sebastian is about to take a sip of his refilled drink when someone is suddenly thrown through the big glass windows of the room. When everyone gets up to investigate, they find it's one of their fellow vampires, who appears to have had his throat ripped out by a werewolf.

Sebastian frowns down at the poor victim in sympathy, "What the hell?"

Suddenly, werewolves with moonlight rings swarm the loft, led by Oliver and another young werewolf, named Aiden. Gia furiously glares at them and speed-walks up to the wolves who have busted their party as if they own it.

"The hell is wrong with you people? We didn't do anything!" She snarled as Sebastian quietly speed-walks over to, especially, defend her behind him.

"Despite the unnecessary entrance, let's talk this out in a civilized manner." The old vampire artist himself declared in defense of the rest of his people.

"Screw civilization." Aiden spat in an unimpressed and utterly impatient tone, "This is nothing your kind hasn't done to us. Learn your history."

"I don't know who the hell you are, but we had a deal. Vampires stay out of the Quarter? Everybody's cool. So what's your problem?" Marcel snarled.