XXXII • GONNA SET YOUR FLAG ON FIRE

Mikaelson Safe House, Arkansas

Monique Deveraux is playfully doting on Hope Mikaelson in the warm living room of the safe house while the baby's respective mother, Hayley Marshall, is taking a morning shower upstairs. The young woman gently picks up the baby and carries her toward the kitchen, "Hi baby. Aunt Monique's here. Ooh. Come here. Let's have some breakfast." She walks into the kitchen with the baby in her loving arms, in which Elijah is making breakfast, "Hey."

"Hi. Good morning." Elijah kisses his niece's fragile head and he quickly leaves a sweet kiss on her lips before getting back to his work, smiling big.

"You're happy." Monique mentioned in effortless recognition of his face, referring to his niece's very safe presence, "It's a really good look on you."

"I appreciate your keen observation, sweetheart, but I assume correctly that you are aware of the happiness I feel whenever you both are here." Elijah spoke gratefully before he leaves a kiss on Hope's tiny right hand this time, which makes the baby herself giggle, along with the adults themselves.

Meanwhile, Klaus Mikaelson is driving someone-- a reliable friend, in the passenger seat of his large black SUV, on the main road of Arkansas as he speaks, "It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters. Yet, still, she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wily troublemaker, out for no one but himself. Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance that she may one day find happiness. And me, the bastard child. My mother's greatest shame. Now, finally, we have defeated her, giving her the choice she never thought to give us-- to live on as one of the monsters she created..." He finally makes it to the main driveway of the safe house, in which the young man finishes up his story just as they both, revealing his friend to be Cami O'Connell, get out from the parked vehicle, "...Or, suffer the slow, agonizing death she so deserves."

Finally, fortunately, they have found a loophole to prevent her from possessing another mortal body of a witch as her greatest advantage. Kaleb/Kol distracted her, according to plan, while Rebekah dripped her own blood in the red wine their mother poured for them to drink at the Lycée, ending with Klaus, who stabbed her to her temporary end. Now that she's in transition, he honestly remains to wonder what she will choose to do; either to drink the fresh blood bag he has provided for her himself, or to let herself end her undead life permanently this time. Either way, he will be thrilled.

"Um, congratulations, I guess? But right now, I'm a little more worried about Finn...considering I totally stabbed him in the back." Cami reminded him about her betrayal when they captured the witch in enchanted shackles to incapacitate his magic for the very first time at the local St. Anne's church. Now the witch is free from his confinement in the coffin by his own father, hence who knows what he will do now? Who is he going after first today?

"He won't find you here. This is the safest place you could possibly be. Come on! There's someone I want you to meet." Klaus leads the way for them toward the safe house, "I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemaker all the fuss has been about."

The main door opens from inside, and Hayley comes out on the porch this time with her baby, Hope, in her loving arms as Klaus walks up the steps and joins them on the porch, as a small family, "Camille, this is Hope."