Chapter 20

ZARA

"He'll show," Jane said quietly, whispering so we don't wake Teddy from his nap. She keeps reassuring me as I pace the around the room, my fingers fidgeting, hair nearly pulled out of my head. "Just sit down, Zara. You're making me dizzy." Patting the bed next to her, a warm smile plastered on her face.

Watching the camera footage of Theo leaving the room hours ago, leaning on the door for a full minute, pondering with himself then going to Thomas' room broke my heart, he looked so lost. But I flipped when I saw them both leaving, sneaking down the corridor and Theo, the idiot, looked into nearly every camera.

He knew that leaving would hurt me, I could see it written all over his face each time his eyes found mine, begging me for forgiveness. I mean, how can I? we just found each other, became a family, and had a one-way ticket out of this mess, and he leaves.

My dad put his hand on my shoulder when I failed to suppress my sobs, covering my mouth, and screwing my eyes closed. He told me that Theo has to do what he's doing, which resulted in me grabbing him by the throat and demanding answers.

As soon as my dad said his name, I felt sick.

I knew Theo was an angry person, but I never knew he would go after someone who kissed me, someone I didn't even kiss back. I haven't got a clue what happened the night of the hotel, and neither does Theo, so all this for a kiss?

My dad had given them an iPhone each, keys to the biggest car they had, and told me he said to them to be back before eight for the flight.

I know Theo better than anyone, and from what I witnessed last night, he won't be coming back or at least he isn't planning on. But I won't let him destroy us without a fight.

I just gave Theo an ultimatum that I'd leave without him and be done. I've never regretted words so much in my life, but in all honesty, Teddy comes first and if I need to run without Theo, I have to.

So now, we wait.

Julie is still asleep, I think. Jane said she heard her and Thomas arguing in the corridors hours before I called her crying that Theo was gone. She was probably sticking up for me again, considering I told her everything Thomas had done and how he was the bad guy, only to find him and Theo best of friends.

I can understand why she ran and hit him because I was planning on it too.

"Oh," I sit up from Jane's embrace, turning to look at her. "Thomas and Theo are brothers."

She blinks, then blinks again. "What?"

"Yeah, Theo told me last night that Mac's his dad too. And Grace, I want to kill her, she left them and told Theo she would say to me he died. She even left Thomas."

"Bitch," Jane spits, standing up and putting her hands on her hips. I stare at her wide-eyed, widening more when she continues. "That stupid little bitch."

Anyone who knows Jane, knows she hates people using bad language or acting in a negative way. So, hearing her has me giggling, which she follows by covering her mouth to stop her laugh. "Jane! You can never shout at me again."

The door opens slowly, and I jump up expecting a tall blonde tattooed prick to walk in, but it's Julie. "Oh, hey, I got your message. Are you okay?" she sat down next to me, smiling at Jane, who still has her hand on her mouth. "I swear I could kill him for doing this to you."

Julie doesn't need to be here, but she wants to be with me until we leave for Scotland. I asked her to come but she refused, saying her mom's too strict and would flip if her twenty-one-year-old daughter moved to another country. She did quit her job though, so she isn't near Kerr.