Chapter 24

THEO

I followed Thomas to his room while he got changed. He gave me his phone so I can look at Zara's profile, all her pictures with captions, inspirational quotes that have me wondering who the fuck she is. It's messing with my head, scrolling through them, seeing what her life was like while I was presumed dead.

Even with blurred vision from my excessive alcohol intake, I can see every single detail that comforts me. She has a cluster of freckles under her sea-blue eyes, her nose and forehead too. She always hated them, especially when the sun made them blow up her whole features. Fucking hell, I miss her.

We've spent most of our relationship apart, and not from our doing. It's time for this shit to stop.

Thomas swooped his phone out of my hand, zipping up his jacket and checked himself in the mirror. "Ready?" He asked. I nod, pushing myself off the wall with my foot and slam the door behind me.

We found Finn in his office, typing away furiously on his laptop and talking on the phone, bellowing at someone to arrange a private jet to leave in two days for Scotland. The place is mobbed, the security standing around with their arms crossed at their front. The screens are all turned on, covering the walls with Kerr's face, one screen showing the news anchor speaking about how he might be held at ransom.

Supposedly the little cunt was rich, or at least his family is. Welp, shit happens when you mess with Theo Dawson and the people he cares about. Good luck to the police and investigators finding him and his little friends, since they were all incinerated when we burned the building to the ground in the middle of nowhere.

Thomas threw a cup at my head when I told him what we did. He was an angry little shit for not involving him in their demise. I returned the favour by slapping his chest, getting me a bollocking from the nurses.

He was in bed for a full week but tried his best to leave the medical wing, telling the nurses to let him sleep in his room. But he mainly wanted to get off his arse and get shit done. I told the nurses that he wasn't allowed to leave the wing until he was fit enough to do normal day-to-day tasks, so it earned him an extra few days in bed and me a scowl every time I walked in with a burger for him.

"Get off the phone," Thomas says, slapping it out of Finn's hand so it flies across the floor. My brows meet my hairline at his outburst. "Pull up the maps of the route Zara took to the airport." He ordered, pointing at the screen in front of him. Finn huffs, his confused stare meeting my impatient one. I shrug a shoulder and sit down on the chair next to him, pulling my feet up to the desk. Thomas paces while Finn searches the database for the time and route, clicking his fingers at us to come and look.

Standing shoulder to shoulder, all three of us watch the screen, cameras pointing to the taxi Zara and Julie get in, my heart skips a beat a little at the smile over her shoulder to her dad. She really is fucking beautiful, flawless skin, freckled to perfection, her blonde hair is still new to me though, but she suits it. I watch as the taxi takes off and Finn rubs his eyes, turning his back to the road and walking back into the building with two guards in tow.

Following his pointed finger, he pressed a few buttons, so a map pops up and a thick white line shows up of the route to the airport, one hour and twenty-seven minutes for the whole journey. A substantial lump is lodged in my throat, choking me, my heart's nearly falling out of my arse while I watch each camera pop up, following the yellow car with my girl in it.

What if it's just all paranoia, and she's actually done with me? I have a looming anxiety attack just waiting to floor me, that she's going to travel all the way there, get on the plane and all my worries, nightmares, biggest fucking fears would be actually true. She isn't ignoring me because she's in trouble, she's washed her hands of my bullshit altogether.