Chapter 26

THEO

I didn't even blink before I tackled her, smashing her body to the ground as my knuckles lost their skin from grinding along the stone floor. I heard her gun slide along the ground, looking up to see it's far away from us. That was when the bullets started flying above my head, each side open fires, and Zara was right in the fucking middle of it.

Laying a heavy fist to Grace's face, I burst open her lip, yelling at my frozen in position girlfriend while Grace grabbed my sleeve. "Zara!" I needed her to get out of the firing line of the two groups. She just stood there, still, staring off to fucking space while bullets flew past her.

Grace kneed me in the balls when I tried to get up, making me hunch over, forehead to the stone and choking on my sick, spitting saliva over the floor.

Fucking shit, my balls are on fire in my stomach.

If you have a set, you'll know the feeling.

I tried to pull my handgun from the straps, but Grace stomped on my hand, kicking the gun along the ground. "Fucking bitch!" I felt my middle finger mangled from her force, but I tried ignoring it and focused on getting my girl.

Grace brushed herself off and started marching to Zara. I rolled on to my front and grabbed her ankle to stop her and her heeled boot collided with my face. I felt blood dripping from my nose, the sting in my eyes, pressured, the fucking rage seeping through me.

Someone shouldered past Zara and knocks her to her knees, her face still completely emotionless.

I got to Grace just before she tried to swipe her blade at Zara, grabbing Grace her by the ponytail and throwing her across the ground. I didn't hold back when my fists started repeatedly swinging at her face when I sat her, punching into ribs, chest, face, and little splatters of blood from her mouth hit me, fuelled with rage, my hands bruising instantly.

I grab her blade and stab it through her stomach, feeling each layer of flesh being cut, watching her eyes widen. I stand up, seeing her body convulse, her hand shaking above the blade shoved into her abdomen.

I feel absolutely nothing.

I wipe her blood off my face with the back of my hand, coughing up enough spit to yack at her before I turn away.

I ran at Zara when I seen one of Grace's men go for her, colliding with her frail body, dragging her to the side of the room where she groans against me, falling in my arms, weightless.

Her lips have no colour, her eyes lifeless. It didn't feel like I was holding Zara Coulter, the girl I'm madly in love with, the girl I have my whole future with. I have no idea what to fucking do, except to get the fuck out of here.

With one hand, I pull out a handgun from my holster, shoot the guard right between the eyes that comes at us. I watch Finn and a few other men giving up on weapons, resort to their fists.

What a real fucking fight should be like.

Fuck this, I'm not waiting about so getting the fuck out of this shithole seems the best option.

I lift Zara up from the back of her legs and shoulders, look around us for Finn. In the middle of the small battle, I see Grace crawling along the ground, the crimson-stained blade on the ground next to the trail of blood.

I should kill her right now, but Zara feels too weak, totally out of it. Grace will bleed out.

I dodge the men wrestling, holding Zara close to me, trying to grab Finn's attention without bringing any to myself escaping with their prisoner. He's in a totally different zone right now.