Chapter 23

Shoto's P.O.V.

Sitting down on a couch, I watched as my father shouted and yelled at me but my mind was elsewhere. "Are you even hearing me Shoto!?" I just blicked at him with my normal stone face. "Yes but I don't care." I stood up and left the room. That earned me a hard slap to the face causing me to hit my head against the door frame.

'Asshole, no wonder my mother and older brother hate him'. I left the house heading for the hospital to vist my mother. One one person besides my older brother who ever really cared about me.

"Name" A nurse said not looking up from her phone "I'm Shoto Todoroki here to see Rei Todoroki". Barely glancing up from her phone to meet my eyes, she gasped. "Oh my god! Do you know your head is bleeding?" Lifting my hand to my head, I felt a wet substance too thick to be sweat.

Bringing my hand to my eyes I saw that I was in fact bleeding. "I would like to see Rei Todoroki". A little bit of blood wasn't going to stop me from seeing my mother. "Are you sure you don'y need to get that checked?" Lifting my hand up I gave her a small smile "I'll check it after my visit."

"Alright then, if you will follow me please." I followed her though a maze of twists and turns before stopping at a mahogany door. "She's in here" I nodded a thank you before entering. "Hi Mom". I opened the quietly and shut it quietly, knowing that loud noises startle her, all because of that ass hole.

She looked over at me before gasping and running out of the room. "Maybe I came at a bad time" I was starting to head towards the door, then I felt something cold on my head. "Did you get bullied again at school my dear?" She lost her mind when I was a child so she thinks I'm still in elementary school.

"Yeah I did, but it's alright now that your here". There were few times that she would care deeply about me. Those times were when I was being hurt or bullied by that jackass. "Oh I'm sorry that you have it rough at school. I do wish your brother was here, you two were inseparable, then he went abroad to study".

"I think I saw him yesterday, but it was a brief visit just a few words." "Oh isn't that nice?" She wiped the blood off my head before sitting down on a seat looking out the window. "Come, tell me about your day." I smiled and sat across from her looking at he window as well.

"I made a new friend today, his name is Izuku Midoriya, he's a very nice person." She looked at me with a concerned face. "Did he bully you?" I shook my head "No, I got bullied by defending him. He was being bullied so I fought for him. I know it was childish of me". I felt as she placed her hand on mine.

"There's nothing wrong with fighting for someone, especially if that person means a lot to you. This new friend must be very important and special to you that you. Special enough to you that you would risk your life for him. But be careful which battles you fight, some fights you can't win."

I smiled at her, she was always was there when I needed advice. 'Maybe she is right, Midoriya does mean a lot to me. He is my first real friend besides my older brother' I don't see why she would be wrong. "Thanks mom, you give the best advice"

"I'll protect you Midoriya from now on"