#18

'Kya baat hai, mere liye Asim ko jhar diya. Mujhe to laga tha is ghar mein Asim hi tera favourite hai,' quips Shehnaaz, as soon as they are out of Asim's earshot.

'Tere lagne pey hi to duniya kayam hai, meri jaan,' smirks Sidharth, 'Aur kya kya lagta hai tujhe?'

'yehi ki tu agar chahe to achcha bhi ban sakta hai, haayee, mere gande bachche. Chal tere baalo mein do chotiya bana du, kitnaaa cute lagega,' adds Shehnaaz pulling Sidharth's cheecks.

Sidharth firmly hold her hands and says, 'Chal paka mat, mein karne pein aagaya tere saath jo merey marzi mein aaye to tu dekhna kya hota hai.'

'Hayo Rabba, eisa kya karna chahta hai tu Sidharth mere saath. Chi, gandi baatein, chiiiiii!Chal tere sey mein baat nahi karti,' says Shehnaaz in mock horror.

Sidharth picks up a cushion and throws at her, ' Aab to tujhe hazaar reasons chahiye honge, kyunki abhi tujhe mera head massage jo karna hai.'

'Amma, kitna paapi hai tu, Sidharth, eisa mein soch bhi nahi sakti, bebu, kya ho gaya tujhe,' says Shehnaaz throwing the pillow back at him and running away.

'Moti aab tu ruk, mein dikhata hoon tujhe,' thunders an amused Sidharth following Shehnaaz, breaking into a run.

Shehnaaz runs towards the main door and understands that she like always cannot outrun him, so decides a different tactics. She stops and turns sharply only to run towards now a surprised Sidharth.

She reaches him in full force and crashes against his chest and hugs him tight burying her face in his chest and screams, ' Ammaaaaa.'

Sidharth gets scared and hugs her tight and says, ' Kya hogaya jaan, kyun dar gayi, kisine kuch kiya tujhe.'

Shehnaaz, 'Sidharth, mein bohot darr gayi, par tujhe bolungi to bohot gussa karega.'

Sidharth now anxious and stressed says, ' Areey baby kuch nahi bolunga, kya ho gaya?'

'Maine tujhe budhdhu banaya!' says Sana sticking her tongue out to him, shoving him hard and then making a run for the washroom.

Sidharth stands shocked for few moments, grimaces and then again follows her retreating back, smiling inwardly at her innocent pranks on him.

Sana shuts herself inside the washroom only to hav Sidharth bang on the door and yell, ' tujhe pata haina tu jab bahar aayegi to kya hoga.'

Sana, ' Kyun bebu, mein to naha rahi hoon, tu eisa kyun bol raha hai.?'

Sidharth starts banging on the door with full force and Shehnaaz in her despair opens the door, eventually, only to be pushed inside with Sidharth locking the door and trapping them in the bathroom.

He takes a step towards her with her retreating against the bathroom wall. As Sidharth gets close to her, he picks up the nearby bucket and empties the water on her head. Shehnaaz initially shocked flies into a rage and starts throwing her fists at him and punching him anywhere her hand lands. Sidharth catches hold of her wrist and drags her towards the shower and switches it on with both of them getting drenched in a gush of water. Shehnaaz continues her thrashing but eventually gives up realizing that she can't fight Sidharth.

They slowly burst out in howls of laughter and Sidharth encircles Sana in his arm and she lifts her head to stare deeply into each other's eyes and something transpires, and they just stand with time flowing by their side, content with the water washing their stress away.

Shehnaaz sneezes and breaks their trance and Sidharth realizes that she might be getting uncomfortable this way. He picks her head up and places sloppy kissed on her cheeks and says, 'Chal nikalte hai, tu pura gila ho gayi, thank lag jayegi.'

Shehnaaz stares at him with puppy face and slowly nods. She grabs the towel hanging on the racks, wraps herself and follows Sidharth outside.

*********************************************************************************************

Did their souls stir trying to break through their emotions?