Chapter 6(B) - Knack To Hack

"This is between Khush and me. Me and her. Us. Alright? You stay out of it because it doesn't concern you, you get that Mr Perfection?"

Arnav crossed his arms in front of his chest. He braved the words which stung him, the intensity in them stunning him, leaving him speechless. A thousand thoughts buzzed his head in a flash, robbing him of the ability to form a coherent response.

Now is not the time, he said to himself. He had other things to think about.

Drawing in a deep breath, he looked into Kabir's eyes. "It could have been Anjali, Payal or anyone else standing there instead of Khush, and it could have been worse than what happened to her right now, Kabir. Aman took advantage of the knowledge that we meet up at Akash's every Sunday and chose to pull off this dangerous stunt in broad daylight to get back at you. And now Akash is involved in this mess for no fault of his. I am not even accounting for the expenses which his father will have to incur to get that window fixed." Arnav sighed. "I wish it had stayed that way, Kabir, just between you and Khush. But unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, does it?"

It appeared to Arnav that the haze of rage was beginning to lift as he saw Kabir's eyes soften with every word he uttered. His breathing seemed to be getting back to normal with the dissipating anger, and it looked like he was finally willing to listen to him.

"And you are right, Kabir. It is double standards because I did the same thing. But I am arrogant enough to tell you that I know where to stop, unlike you. I don't hunt and pound someone down with a plan Kabir, that is not me. I believe we don't have a right to do such a thing to anyone. There is a difference between threatening someone and doing what you did."

"So we just let him get away with it?" Kabir asked, disbelief written all over his face.

"You think my blood doesn't boil? Do you think I don't feel the rage? I am human too, but gundagardi is not the solution. It involves a life, Kabir! There are ugly repercussions to deal with. That splinter could have hit Khush's eye, or things could have been worse. Have you ever given a thought to that?"

There was a knock on the door, marking the end of the conversation between them. 

Nodding at Akash, Arnav turned his attention back to Kabir again. "You will stay here, Kabir, and we are not negotiating this. And I better go down right now before he starts hurling more stones at the windows. The moron has definitely lost his mind."

"I can't let you go alone." Kabir held Arnav's arm in a tight grip. Irrespective of what he felt about Aman, he knew he was responsible for bringing this situation upon them.

"And I won't let you go to him again. Please, for me —stay here." Arnav pleaded.

When Akash opened the door, they saw a fuming Anjali march towards them.

"What the bloody hell is going on here? We are going mad sitting inside not knowing what you guys are discussing. Since when did we start locking doors on each other?" Anjali demanded, seething in anger.

"Kabir and Aman had gotten into a nasty brawl a few weeks ago, and Aman got hurt. And this is the idiot's ingenious way of seeking revenge." Akash replied hastily.

"And that note?" Anjali asked him curiously

"He wants to meet Kabir. He is waiting downstairs right now."

"We will tell you everything in detail later, Jelly. Right now, Aman is downstairs, and I need to talk to him." Arnav asked Anjali in a hushed voice. "Can we please keep this from Khush for the time being?"