Chapter 32

It was one of those foggy, rainy days that made staying at home the most appealing plan

It was one of those foggy, rainy days that made staying at home the most appealing plan. I lay in bed, already awake but too lazy to leave the warm sheets.

The apartment was immersed in silence. For a moment, I forgot it was Saturday and assumed that Liam had left for work. Just a simple thought about spending the day without him disappointed me.

I felt tingles on every part of my body he kissed last night. My skin wouldn't forget his touch that easily. 

For once, I was glad I hadn't pushed him away. Liam cuddled me in my bed until I fell asleep, asking me how I was feeling and placing soft kisses on my face.

The key turned in the lock, and I heard Liam's footsteps as he went to the kitchen. In a short while, he was opening the door to my bedroom, carrying a tray.

"Sleeping Beauty is awake." He smiled. "I went to get croissants, and please don't say that I didn't have to do it."

"I won't. They smell too good." I grinned, making space for Liam to sit next to me.

He deposited the tray with our breakfast on the bed and leaned against the headboard.

"Your coffee." I handed him a mug.

"Thanks, sweetheart," said Liam. "So, any plans for today?"

"The weather is bad. I was thinking about staying in with you unless you have somewhere else to be."

Liam shook his head. "I want us to spend the day together. Tim is at Antoine's. Amelia sent me pictures of the two of them playing. She will drop him off at home on Tuesday."

"It's okay; I told you I didn't mind babysitting him."

"I'm sorry. I know a week is a long time, but—"

"Liam, it's okay," I said, covering Liam's hand with mine.

We had breakfast in comfortable silence. Once we were done, Liam took the tray back to the kitchen.

When he returned to my bedroom, I saw him whip off his T-shirt and unbutton his jeans.

"Liam?" I asked, my voice suddenly small.

"I'm getting in bed with you, sweetheart. I believe we have a pending talk."

"Give me a minute." I dashed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Was Liam going to kiss me again? What did he want us to talk about?

When I re-entered the room, Liam was already in bed, lying on his side and looking at me.

I slid under the comforter next to him. Liam hugged me, pressing his lips to my forehead.

"So, the talk," he whispered. "Did I take things too far last night?"

I shook my head, snuggling into him.