Chapter 54

Tim's and Sky's laughter echoed in the snow-covered forest

Tim's and Sky's laughter echoed in the snow-covered forest. They were ahead of me now. Tim, telling Sky yet another story about his and his friend's adventures, gripping her hand as he tried to keep up with her- or Sky with him- was a sight I didn't think I would ever observe. Maybe that was why I lingered behind them, not wanting to spoil their moment.

It was Christmas Eve tonight. We'd been in the mountains for a couple of days now - days and nights, which I spent with Sky in my arms.

We were worried about our friends -Ellie's condition remained the same. Although Sky tried to hide it and downplay the importance of it, I knew she also thought about her situation. Felix notified his colleagues in Paris, and they started to gather evidence. It would take some time, and I hoped they would arrest that bastard before we went back to Paris.

I would hate it if he were free, and my girl had to look over her shoulder, afraid of having him stalk her yet again.

Seeing the bruises on her skin nearly broke me. I still felt guilty for that one time where I behaved like an asshole, doubting her when I should've been punching the shit out of Paul in that restaurant.

Then again, maybe that giant fuckup of mine was what finally made us be together.

"Liam, you're slow," Tim yelled, swiveling his head around to cast me a disapproving glance. "We'll be late for dinner."

Amelia, Felix, and Antoine invited us to have Christmas dinner at their house. We didn't object. However, our cabin had a Christmas tree that Sky, Tim, and I decorated together. That, paired with the white blanket of the snow covering everything around us, made me feel the festive atmosphere I hadn't felt in years.

"Go ahead, buddy," I shouted. Tim returned to his conversation with Sky, and I let my eyes soak in the sight of her in black leggings and a short coat that didn't even cover her bum.

A childish idea came to my mind immediately. I scooped up some snow from the ground and molded it into a sphere. Then, I aimed it at Sky. The white ball hit her butt, making her yelp and glare at me.

"Tell your brother to behave," Sky said to Tim. I should have known that the little traitor would take her side. Laughing, Tim ran toward me and tackled me. Both of us fell onto the white ground. Tim climbed on top of me, and Sky did the same, tickling my ribs until I threw the two of them off me, not without squeezing Sky's behind first.

"We'll be late for dinner. Come on." I laughed, drawing my arms around Sky and Tim as soon as I got up.

"We need to get changed first," said Sky. "I'm not having dinner in these pants, and they are wet."

"What else is wet?" I whispered in her ear, making her blush and stare at me with her baby blues.

Tim was ahead of us now, and I took advantage of him not looking our way to kiss Sky, hard. I could do it all day now that she was mine.