chapter two: new girl

*Keefe POV*

"Keefe Sencen, if I hear of one more prank-"

"You're sending me to military school, I know." My father tells me this every single day; although, in his defense I pull a new prank every single day. But he never sends me away. 

"Get down here young man," he demands, and I run down the stairs. "Fix yourself breakfast," he says harshly. I roll my eyes. "Yeah, keep rolling your eyes, you might find a brain back there." I ignore his comment and get bread from the pantry. I'm too lazy to make toast, so I stuff a slice of bread into my mouth. 

"You gonna drive me to school, or-"

"Look who we have here," a voice calls from the doorway. "Lord Skunkyhair."

"Ro?" I gape. Ro used to drive me to school every morning, up until last year, when she got married. "It's Lord Hunkyhair, for your information." I pick up my bag from the floor and walk over to her. "How's the hubby Botros?" I smirk.

"You little punk!" she screams and I bolt to her car, which is parked right in front of the house. 

"Answer the question! BoRo, BoRo, BoRo! Once there was a princess named Romhilda- AHHHHH! Let! Me! Go!" I shriek between tickles. After about five minutes, I finally give in and Ro throws me in the Tesla and we drive away.

"Goodbye Funky!" Ro calls as I walk up to the school. 

"Hunky!" 

I run into the building just as the first bell goes off, and walk over to my locker down the hall. 

"Hey Keefe," Fitz says.

"What's up?"

"Nothing much. Did you hear, there's a new girl coming to school today?"

"What's her name?" I ask, opening the door to homeroom. 

"Sofia, or something." I nod, and we walk into class. 

"Sencen, Vacker, late, as usual. That's detention for you both," Professor Bronte hands me a yellow slip. 

"Ohh, detention for Mr. Vacker," I coo, "for the first time in forever!" I sing out. Fitz sighs and we walk to our seats. 

"As you know, it's the first day of school, which means that I will be giving an ethics lecture." The class groans audibly. 

"This is going to be a long day."

"So Fitz, what time is the party tonight?" I ask, juggling my soccer ball through the hall

"Dude," he stops walking. "The party is on Thursday, at 5:15. Did no one tell you?"

"Umm, no! Geez, I gotta be in the loop or else-" I bump into something and my soccer ball goes flying. I look down and see a small blond girl falling to the floor, her books scattered everywhere. I extend a hand, hoping to catch her. 

And once I did, I was not prepared for what I saw next.