chapter 46: grady's approval

*Sophie POV*

I slam my locker shut, (not in a bad way) and turn sharply to find myself staring into the most brilliant pair of blue eyes.

Nostalgic, huh.

"Hey, Keefe," I wrap my arms around his neck and tilt my head up so I'm looking at him. "Whatcha doing over here by my locker?"

"Woah," he puts his hands up in innocence, "just wanted to say hello to my girlfriend," he smirks and hugs me back. 

"Seriously bro, what are you doing?"

"Bro? I like 'babe' or 'honey' or 'most handsome, funny, amazing guy I've ever known' better." 

I laugh, "okay, okay."

"Anyways... I was wondering..." he looks at me nervously, "if you would consider going out with me? To the boardwalk?"

"Of course! Our first date! When, today?" I ask excitedly, my stomach flipping and turning. 

"No, tomorrow, Friday. See you then," he gives me a quick peck on the cheek and heads off. "Bye, girlfriend!"

"Don't even start!" I growl, but really I'm partying on the inside. 

February 29. Great day, don't you think?

"Keefe asked you out to the boardwalk?" Linh screams

"Keefe asked you out to the boardwalk?" Linh screams. "That's so amazing!" 

"We need to get you ready." Biana goes into her bathroom and pulls out a bunch of brushes and whatnot. "So what dress were you planning on wearing?"

"I was just going to wear a sweatshirt and jeans," I say casually.

"WHAT??!?!"

"Hey, in my defense, I was going to wear skinny jeans!" I protest. 

Biana slaps her forehead. "Even Marella wouldn't do such a thing."

"Too bad she's at a debate tournament," Linh says, searching Biana's closet.

"It's gonna be cold," Biana tells Linh.

"Can I wear..." I think for a minute, "a trench coat?"

"That's a great idea!" Biana closes her eyes, "tan trench coat, grey boots made in England, a black sweater, and either some nice pants or a dress, your choice."

"I choose pants. Do you happen to have the boots? I have everything except those."

"Yes! They're downstairs. You're date's today, right?"

"That's why I came," I say, following her down.

"Right."

"Yeah- oh hey Fitz!" I wave to him.

"Oh, hey! You getting ready for your date?" he waves back.

"Sophie has a date with Keefe?" Della appears out from behind him.