quarantine diaries: keefe

it's just going to be random, accept it:

"Hey, Ro," I flop on my bed as she enters the room.

"What were you doing before I came in?" she looks over to the papers scattered on the floor. "Are those," she squints, "love letters?" 

"No!" I roll off my bed, falling on the papers. "It's schoolwork," I gather them up before Ro can read them.

"You? Doing schoolwork? So who are they for, your girly-friend?" she teases, picking at her pink nails.

"What do you think?" I mutter.

"I think I'm right."

"When are you not?" I roll my eyes.

"That's a good question."

"Easy to answer too," I tuck the papers back into my drawer.

"You know I know that you hid those in there, right?" she says, conjuring a nail file from her coat.

"Why do you wear that everywhere? You look like an anime character with your cargo sweats and combat boots. Also, the crop top is tacky," I flop back onto my bed. 

"Also, the crop top is tacky," she mocks. "I don't give a-"

The door opens abruptly, cutting her off. 

"I don't give a," she pauses, trying to find good word, "crap about taking care of your son, Mr. Sencen," she hugs me.

The heck?

"Romhilda, you do not have to act like that in New York," he clicks his fingers on his clipboard. "Keefe," he looks away, "we are moving to New York in three days. Start packing."

"What?!?!?! For how long!?!?!?!"

"A few months, now start packing," he slides to the side and ten people with big boxes walk into my room. 

"What?!?!?! Why do I need such big boxes for this?!!?!" I tear a hand through my hair. 

"Because we are still moving, whether it's for a long time or not. Besides, when we come back, you'll have way too many souvenirs to fit in two boxes." He turns sharply and exits the room, gesturing for everyone to drop their boxes in a perfect line. 

"Thanks, Dad," I mutter, pulling out my phone.

"Ooh, are you texting your girlfriend?" Ro leans over my shoulder.

"Yes, I'm texting my girlfriend!" I yell.

"You okay dude?" she shakes my shoulders and winds up to slap me in the face. "Can I slap you?"

"No!" I push her hand away. "It'll just be for a few months..." I read over my text aloud. 

"A heart? What, next you gonna tell her you love her?" Ro gasps.

"I might," I bite my lip, my finger hovering above the 'I'. 

"Well do you?" she asks.

"I didn't expect you to get all deep on me!" I put a hand over my chest. "You're totally never hearing the end of this!" 

"Whatever, lover boy, just tell me whether you love her or not," she groans.

"Why should I tell you?" I raise an eyebrow. "You've never done anything for me..."

"Is that a joke? Stop changing the subject, DO YOU LOVE HER OR NOTTTT?!?!?!"

"I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?" I shout. Ro's taken aback by my sudden outburst. 

"Don't do it then," she leaves the room. 

"Wait, but... ugh! It's no use," I slam my phone on the ground.