chapter 23: marcus and elwin, one new face! unfortunately

Marcus! Yay!!! We finally get to meet him!!! Don't worry, kids, he has a girlfriend. (And he's not a cheater like Liam.) Enjoy!!

*Sophie POV*

"She was quite impressive."

"Yeah, I have to admit, Foster's foot skills are pretty uncanny for someone so clumsy."

"Keefe?" I sit up. "What happened?"

"Ahh, sleeping beauty. I see you've finally woken up. Well, you had a breakaway, as you may remember, and someone slide- tackled you from behind," he shivers. "It was hard to watch. But, Stina made to penalty."

"She did?!!? YES!" I do a little victory dance. 

"Hello, Ms. Foster, I'm Marcus, you may know me as Skylar's brother, or even as Kristell's boyfriend."

"Wait?!! You're dating Kristell?" Kristell is the right center back on the team. "That's so cool! I assume you play soccer."

"I never thought you'd say it! Yes, I do," he chuckles. You can really see the resemblance between him and Skylar. Dark, shoulder length hair, the same color eyes, same face shape, and same skin color. "You have potential, kid."

I beam. "What position do you play?"

"I'm a striker, and Keefe here, is the goalie. Always stealing the show, man."

"Skylar told me you went to Spain as an eighth grader, to train at this Real Madrid camp. Please tell me that's true!"

"Skylar's never been a liar. Yes I did go. In fact, I even got a picture with Marcelo."

"Marcelo?" I look at him incredulously. "You did not."

"Did too, I have proof." He pulls out his phone, and there it is. Him and Marcelo, Marcelo's arm over his shoulder. 

"That's got to be photoshopped."

"It isn't," Keefe interrupts. "He did."

"Cool!"

"Miss Foster, I see you are my number one patient. I knew we would meet again," Elwin walks in, this time wearing alicorn scrubs. "You seem to have sprained your ankle on the way down. It's minor, so you'll be able to play again in two weeks. You'll have to skip PE for a week, but no bed rest for you."

"That's a relief."

"Keefe here was very worried," Elwin grins. "He actually came over to you when you were unconscious. Don't even ask how she managed to knock you out. I don't know."

I blush. 

"You know, Keefe actually sat by your bedside for two hours, that's more than your parents could say. I mean," he turns to Keefe and raises his eyebrows. Keefe does the slicing neck motion to Elwin. 

Why does he want to cut his head off?

"Anyways," Marcus breaks the awkward silence, "would you like to be a part of our training in two weeks. We would really appreciate it. Challenge Keefe a little."

"Sure! I've always wanted to practice with the legendary Foxfire Fungi boys soccer team!"

"Good. I'll take my leave," Marcus walks out and Keefe helps me out of bed. 

"So, wanna go to the arcade today with the crew?" Keefe asks.

"Sure!"

"Just don't let her do the dance thing!" Elwin shouts from the supply room. 

"You got it, sir."

"You played well, newbie," someone says from around the corner

"Thanks, Stina," I don't even have to look to know it's her. 

"Don't flatter yourself."

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it."

Okay! Hope you like it! Announcement: I'm going on a trip!!!! So, no update on Friday and  Saturday, and maybe none on Sunday. So, today, I'll update three times. Be ready!!!!!