chapter 19: roasting 101

Last chapter was... weird. Who's this new guy that Sophie seems to like? I don't know! 

Also, do you guys want me to spam you with chapters every single day of this week! A little 2K special?

*Sophie POV*

"Okay, get this, newbie. You're not pretty, or smart, and you have no chance with any guy!" Stina yells as I carry my lunch tray through the cafeteria. "Nobody loves you, loser!" 

Tears brim the edges of my eyes, and I speed walk over to my table. 

"That's right, newbie, you suck at soccer, you'll never make it on the Varsity team! Have fun, C-team," she smirks and struts all the way back to her gossiping friends. 

I take a seat next to Biana and Linh. 

"What's wrong, girl?" 

"Nothing," I mutter.

"Don't let Stina get to you," Linh hugs me reassuringly. 

"Guys, it's fine."

"No, it's not. You can't let her push you around." Marella cuts in.

"I know, it's just so hard..."

"I think I can help you with that."

"So why am I here again?" Skylar asks

"So why am I here again?" Skylar asks. We're in a room with a large whiteboard in the front, and a few chairs scattered randomly throughout. There's no teacher's desk in the front, which leaves an open space for people to walk by the whiteboard. 

Skylar is shuffling a deck of cards, leaning on the doorframe, and Marella is in front of the whiteboard, and on the whiteboard is a stick figure saying something. 

"Why am I here?" I ask. 

"Because you," she jabs a finger at me, "need to learn how to stand up for yourself. I know there's savageness in you, and comeback potential in there, so Skylar and I are going to help you find it."

"Okay..." I take a seat. 

"Skylar, join me," Marella calls her over and they stand at the front of the class. "We are going to do a simulation."

"Okay."

"Skylar, you suck! You're not pretty, or smart! And you suck!"

"Geez, how many times can you say 'suck' in a sentence. Word choice, *insert name*." Skylar replies casually.

"You're ugly and dumb."

"Well, fortunately for me, attractiveness won't matter later in life, and for being dumb? I'll let my test scores do the talking."

"Or you could take the meaner approach:"

"Skylar, you're so ugly and you're clothes suck and you're hair is weird!"

"Well," she grimaces, "I could say the same about you, but, I didn't want to say anything cause," she sucks in a breath through her teeth, "you're insecure."

"Perfect!! Remember, don't take it personally. The person's probably just jealous!" Marella exclaims. "Now brainstorm!"

"Okay..." I pull out a sheet of lined paper and start writing down comebacks for various insults. 

"Good, very good... our disciple is learning," Marella paces around, holding a yardstick in her hand, and slapping it up and down against her palm.

"Yes, yes she is... wanna play a hand?"

"Sur-"

"Hey, could I see Sophie Foster for a second?" a voice asks from the door.

Liam Howell.

Uhoh. This isn't good. See you next time!