Chapter 56

You know that vine that's like "two shots of vodka" *cookie monster crashing into dishwasher*

... yeah that's me rn.

happy reading

Her words make my heart skip a beat, but I nod as though nothing is wrong. "We can talk in Cain's office," I tell her, offering my hand to help her up, but she ignores it, smoothing her dress as she stands up.

"Wait, I wanna hear!" Gwen whines, and Axel nods in agreement.

"Not the time, Gwen," Katrina says harshly, and I wonder what she saw that made her so angry. She begins walking to Cain's office, like she already knows the way, which I suppose shouldn't surprise me.

When we get to Cain's office, I close the door behind me, thankful that it's soundproofed. Who knows what she would say to me, and who knows who may overhear. Especially since I planned on asking about dimensional travel.

Katrina crosses her arms and narrows her eyes. "How long have you been cheating on Cain?"

Of all things I expect to hear, that's the last thing I anticipate. "What?" I ask in confusion.

"I saw you kissing a male. One I don't recognize. Green eyes, brown hair," She says impatiently. "I'm going to tell Cain. I can't believe after all he went through to get you back, you'd betray him like this. I expected better from you."

She had a vision of Thane and I. Fuck. "I'm not cheating on Cain," I hiss. "Surely with your abilities, you would be able to see that I would never do that to him."

Her eyes narrow until they're small slits. "You're hiding something. You know why I had the vision. Explain everything to me or you will be explaining it to your mate."

I consider my options, which are severely limited. I could kill her, but then I would need to find another Seer.

So I decide to tell her everything.

"You can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. If you do, I will kill Gwen and make you watch," I threaten. I obviously wouldn't, but this is a serious issue, and her telling anyone could have any number of terrible outcomes. Starting with Cain making sure I never go after Selene.

She nods, and sits in the chair across from Cain's. I sigh, sitting down.

And so I launch into my story, telling her everything. I begin with the dreams, and end with my conversation with Helios. She listens intently, looking interested, but unsurprised.

When I'm finished, she exhales. "Well, that explains a lot."

My eyebrows pull together. "What do you mean?"

"I've had... weird feelings lately. Like something very bad of epic proportions was on the horizon. I thought I was going crazy," She laughs, and I fight the urge to tell her that she is indeed a lunatic.

"So, can you help?" I ask anxiously. "What do you know about dimensional travel?"

She frowns. "Well, nothing, actually. But don't worry," She quickly adds when she sees the look on my face. "If it is your destiny to kill Selene, then I am also likely fated to help you."

"You seem remarkably unconcerned and unsurprised by this," I say suspiciously.

Katrina shrugs. "I've known something was wrong for a while, had weird visions. Everything you're saying corroborates those, and I would know if you were lying to me."

"So how do we get another vision, specific to Helios?" I ask curiously. I don't want to beat it out of her, but I will if necessary.

Katrina pulls off both of her gloves. "Give me your hands," She instructs, and I hesitate. "I wear the gloves to stop the onslaught of visions and feelings I get when I touch people. Since I turned 18, my Gift has gotten stronger and it can be... overwhelming at times. If we make contact, there's a better chance of getting a vision."