Epilogue

"I'm going to kill you," I hiss at my mate for what must be the tenth time. "I'm going to tear your throat out and then throw you in the forest and let the animals pick at your carcass."

Cain squeezes my hand reassuringly, surprisingly calm for someone who just got their life threatened.

"You're almost there, pup," He encourages. "Just a few more pushes. Breathe in, breathe out."

I glare at him.

"You're not breathing," He chides.

I am going to kill him.

After I deliver this baby.

"Tell her she needs to breathe!" Gwen calls out, standing on the other side of the door. The Luna of Blue Moon came all the way to Blood Lake for the birth of the future Alpha.

"I did!" Cain yells back, irately.

"Oh fuck this, I'm coming in," Gwen mutters before opening the door. "Ares, you better pull yourself together and push out this baby or I'm reaching in and yanking it out myself."

Terrifying thing to say, yet effective.

I yell out a string of cuss words that make Cain flinch, but finally, the baby is born.

My baby.

Cain reaches for the newborn, holding it in his arms with so much wonder in his eyes it nearly makes me cry.

Gwen pulls out a knife and cuts the umbilical chord unceremoniously.

"He was born first," Cain says, tears making his eyes shine. "He's going to be the Alpha."

A son to one day rule over Blood Lake.

"Give him to me," I croak.

Gwen scowls. "Not yet. You still have one more. Stop being a baby, there's about to be two of them, we don't need a third."

I glare at her. "Shouldn't you be with your baby right now?"

Her son, Wyatt Carter Arsenau, was born only a few short months before mine. The future Alpha of Blue Moon.

"He's with Leo at the Pack House. Stop stalling and push out the other one!"

The other one.

Drakon.

Cain and I were shocked when the pack doctor told us that we would be having twins. A boy and a girl.

It could have gone either way, really, who would be born first and receive the Alpha title. I had a feeling Cain was hoping the boy would, but part of me hoped for the opposite.

Although, an even bigger part of me was relieved. Drakon would be spared from the gruesome life that comes with being an Alpha, a life I knew all too well.

After more swearing and pushing, Drakon is born, and Gwen quickly swoops her into her arms and cuts the chord.

"Give her to me," I demand, and Gwen obliges.

I hold my daughter in my arms, and her little eyes are squeezed shut. I have never held something so tiny, so precious in my hands that have killed so many.

"Drakon," I whisper.

Gwen's phone rings.

"Seriously, Gwen?" Cain says in annoyance, rocking our son in his arms.

"Sorry," Gwen mutters and pulls her phone out of her pocket. "It's Katrina."

Dread fills me. It's never a good since to hear from a Seer.

"Hello?" Gwen asks, and pauses before holding the phone out to me in confusion. "She says it's urgent."

I sigh, taking the phone in one hand, holding my daughter in the other. "What?" I snap.

"Give Drakon to Cain," She says, sounding distressed. "Ares, you have to let Cain hold her."

Her words sent fear through my heart, fear I have never known, not even on a battlefield.

I put the phone down. "Switch with me," I say to Cain lowly.

He looks confused, but hands me our son and takes our daughter. For a moment, nothing happens.

And then Drakon bursts into flames.

Gwen and I scream as my daughter erupts in a blazing blue fire.

Cain looks startled, but it doesn't burn him, and I realize why Katrina told me to give her to him.

Just as quickly as it started, it stops. Drakon is perfectly fine, no marks on her skin, and I hear her tiny heartbeat and I exhale in relief.

I pick up the phone again. "Thank you," I tell the Seer.

"You owe me," She reminds me before hanging up, and I give the phone back to Gwen.

"Gwen, leave us," Cain commands.

Gwen grumbles, "Fine, but Axel is eager to come in too, so don't hog the pups for too long."

Gwen opens the door and pauses before bending down and picking up a small, white box with a pink ribbon tied around it.

She tosses me the box, which I catch. "I might just get pregnant again for the gifts," Gwen winks before leaving, closing the door behind her.

For some reason, the sight of the box makes my stomach knot. I open it with one hand, holding the future Alpha of Blood Lake in the other, and read the card inside.

I warned you that you and Cain would burn the world down. You should have listened.

A gift, for the girl. Give it to her when she turns 18. There will come a time when it will save her life.

You're welcome.

-H

With shaky hands, I pull open the pink tissue paper, revealing a necklace. An golden amulet with a sunstone in the middle.

"Who's it from?" Cain asks curiously, still bouncing Drakon, unbothered by the possibility that she could combust again.

I hand him the note, trembling slightly as he reads it, only finding comfort in holding the small pup in my arms.

Cain looks at me wearily. "What does it mean?"

"I don't know," I say, my voice hollow.

"We will protect them," Cain says, his voice steely.

I shake my head slowly. "No. We train them to be able to protect themselves. We can only look after them for so long."

Cain looks at the small, fiery pup in his arms, who sighs deeply. "They'll be strong," He states.

And they would be. Stronger than any wolves who walk the earth. No wolves have ever had so much Alpha blood.

I just hoped that it would be enough.

Read Drakon's story on my Patreon! In addition to Between the Dimensions being finished on my Patreon, the first 10 chapters of Drakon's book, and the first 11 chapters of another book featuring another one of Ares' kids, is posted! The books about Ares' kids will only ever be accessible on my Patreon, I do not have plans to upload them to Wattpad.

However, the 4th book in the series, Between the Dimensions, which is about Katrina and Killian, is on my Wattpad! BTD will be completed on Wattpad, so be sure to add it to your library! The first few chapters are already up. You'll definitely want to read it, it's my favorite book I've written by far, and you may see some of your favorite Lethal characters popping up in it ;)

Add me on Patreon for more exclusive bonus chapters!
www.patreon.com/vviticus

I hope you all enjoyed reading Ares' story as much as I liked writing it.

XX
VVITICUS