13

Y/N

''Heejin! How does Hyunjin know?! What if she'll tell the others? Are you insane? Gosh, you really are crazy aren't you?!'' I tugged my hair out of frustration and anger. How could she break my trust?! It was supposed to be our secret! I feel so betrayed..

''Stop whining. I told her and before you say anything else, Hyunjin keeps every single one of my secrets. You're even lucky that I told you this,'' Heejin answered and scoffed afterwards. She's so crazy! This tattle tail rabbit has mental illness.

''Heejin! This was supposed to be our own little secret! How could you tell her?!'' I fired back, anger displayed on my face. Heejin's cheeks and ears started to turn red as she sighed. This girl won't talk? Then I'll make her talk. ''Jeon Heejin? Wow, you're not actually talking back for once? I swear our careers are going to end because of this. You're so much to handle and you couldn't even keep one single secret? I am so glad we only have a few days left together until dad posts the break up announcement. Tch, pack your bags Heejin, we won't last anyways because of our constant bickering.''

''So you're lashing out at me for telling my best friend 'our secret' huh? So it's fine when you tell your cousin the same thing but not my best friend who is practically my sister? You're delusional Kang Y/N, a hypocrite. And what are you talking about a few days left? Wow, so you really hate me that much? Then what was everything? It was a delusion as well? So in conclusion, we're both delusional, what a great match. You're such a damn hypocrite Kang Y/N! I hate you so much because I'm actually starting to fall for you! I love you, I don't want to be just lovers in camera..I want us to be official, not fake. I really hate you..I regret not pushing you away at that party. I hate you so much Y/N!''

After I took in all her words, Heejin broke down in tears, crying her eyes out. What have I done..

''I'll help you pack your things. Don't mention anything to your group members, even Hyunjin who already knows. I'll just tell dad to release the statement early. Goodbye Heejin, thanks for all our moments, but I can't bear you right now. Get ready because I'm driving you back to your dorm,'' I sighed, staring at the crying bunny. Yet our situation is like this, but she still looks so beautiful even when crying. I turned my back to her, not expecting more from Heejin.

''So you're happy now, right? Since our staged relationship is over, you're happy so that you can have a chance to be with Hyunjin, right? Well now is your chance, I'll root for you and wish you the best from now on. Thank you Y/N, for taking care of me when I was such a mess, when I gave confusing signals, when I was being annoying, when I was sad, whenever I needed you, thank you for being by my side.''

+++

It was around 8 pm when I drove her back to her dorm. Everything seemed slow, as if the universe isn't setting us apart, as if the universe doesn't accept this, as if the universe wants us to have more time to think about our decisions. In reality, I won't have feelings for Heejin, we'll only be left heart broken in the end anyways.

I went inside with Heejin anyway to eliminate any suspicion since you can clearly tell from her eyes that something definitely happened. ''Y/N! You're back!'' Jinsoul practically jumped on me as she says so. This girl, always chaotic.

''What's poppin' Y/N,'' Kim Lip gave me a fist bump as I greeted the other members..but avoided Hyunjin. I really can't believe that anything is happening right now. It just feels so weird now since secrets are revealed.

I didn't stay for long in there since I just couldn't bear it, I'm too much of a coward, a hypocrite as Heejin says. I bid them all goodbye before escaping out of the uncomfortable atmosphere. I took myself to the cliff where Heejin and I watched the sunrise.

Flashbacks are haunting me as I remembered how sweet Heejin's lips felt, how she used to whine and diss me all the time, how she used to be arrogant and cocky, how she hated me..

''Ugh, why did you even kiss me?''

''You have lost your mind Kang Y/N. I won't take anything easy on you.''

''Wow Hee, am I really getting threatened by a small rabbit? Aww! How cute~! Jeon Heejin is threatening me!''

''Are you just going to stare at me? Take a picture, it'll last longer.''

''Shut up Heejin!''

''You look so stiff, Imagine having a girlfriend that can dance and sing better than you.''

''KangKang, wake up! It's time to go you lazy dork!''

''Are you crazy Jeon?!''

''Hey, how can you live up here? Is this even safe?''

''Yes Hee, this is safe. Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall.''

''Y/N, I'm scared. Wake up. Can I sleep here?''

''Heejin, ugh. Get on my bed but you have to let me cuddle you.''

''What the- ARE YOU CRAZY?!''

''What? Oh come on Hee, stop pretending you didn't like that kiss.''

''Isn't this a little too romantic?''

''Why? Do you think I'm going to kiss you?''

''I'm fine Y/N. Trust me, I can endure the cold pretty well.''

''Kid, I don't want you to get sick.''

''I should probably let you sleep first. I'm such a bad girlfriend.''

''Hee, stay with me. You're warm.''

''I love you!''

''Pack your bags Heejin.''

''You're happy now right? Since our staged relationship is over, you're happy so that you can have a chance with Hyunjin, right?''

''I can't bear you right now.''

Before I knew it, tears started pouring down from my already glistening eyes as I sat on the hood of my car. I rethought about everything I've said to her earlier, and I truly regret it. I feel like such a jerk. I told myself, 'I have to keep Heejin happy' but in reality, I was the one who was hurting her all along.

Why is it only now that I really recognize my true feelings towards Heejin? I knew all along, deep inside me, I fell for Heejin as well..but why didn't I accept it? Because I know we would be heart broken in the end.

I only realized my true love for that adorable, tiny, annoying, cute, beautiful, arrogant, bunny, dork after I let her go. Why does it have to be like this for some people? Why are we so oblivious these days? Why do we have to find out the hard way?

But now I realized..

SOMETIMES...

You finally appreciate your true feelings to someone after letting them go...

And letting go of Heejin...is my worst mistake of all time.