5

Chapter Five - Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Roman Jackson's P.O.V.

"Meeting in ten." I grunt to Mac as I enter the clothing store and make my way to the back.

I see him nod from the corner of my eye as he pitifully tries to work the cash register. I enter my office with an amused smirk and kick the door shut. Powering up my computer I grab the files waiting for me on my desk and open the first one up. I briefly glance through each one and realize that we're going to be having a long meeting.

One by one they all file in except for the trainees that stay out front. There's twelve of us and I'm in charge of the entire FCAA operation base in Houston. Mac is my partner and the one who I'm most close with. He has jet black hair with dark brown eyes. While he looks like he can snap anyone in half his personality is the complete opposite, warm and friendly. Mac is a mix of his parents so he has both sharp and soft features.

The next to join the team were Remi, Navy and Morgan. Navy has blonde hair while the other two have light brown hair with blonde highlights. Navy has tan skin, dark blue eyes like his name with sharp features and a built figure. Remi and Morgan are more boyish looking with pale skin and green eyes except Morgan's are much darker. Remi and Navy are the only ones who match my height.

Next are Payton, Dakota and Briar. Payton is a pale redhead with brown eyes and a lanky figure which many people end up underestimating because he can certainly hold his own. He's one of our best hackers alongside Briar. Briar has an olive complexion and long auburn hair which she's dyed bright red right now. She changes her hair color so regularly now that it's not even a surprise anymore when she does. She's almost as tall as us and quite toned with sharp features.

Dakota keeps her black hair as a pixie cut and has pale grey eyes that stand out from her tan skin. Her features are delicate and seem fairy like. She's short too but knows how to use it to her advantage. She's a curvy woman just like Cleo who is one of my trainees. Cleo has dyed her platinum blonde hair pastel blue but almost always keeps it in Dutch braids. Her eyes are catlike and hazel with soft features and caramel colored skin.

Next are Devon, Quincy, and Frankie who are also trainees like Cleo. Frankie is basically the baby of our team at age eighteen. He has an olive complexion with light blue eyes, dark brown hair and baby features. Quincy is only a year older than him with dyed blonde hair, dark grey eyes and tan skin. They're both lanky right now but are starting to build muscle. Lastly, there's Devon with deep chocolate skin and warm brown eyes but with green flecks surrounding his pupil. He has defined muscles and is older than Quincy and Frankie so thankfully he's teaching them how to gain muscle like him.

There's many FCAA operations spread out throughout the world with three in the United States. We take care of the more strategic cases which require undercover operations that stretch beyond the regular police department duties. I joined when I was twenty-one alongside Mac who studied in England with me. We have been inseparable ever since but he does tend to get on my nerves.

"Did you put sugar in it this time?" I ask as he saunters up to me with a stupid smirk on his face.

"It was one fucking time, let it go already!" He rolls his eyes as he sets down the coffee cup.

I grunt before telling Navy to turn on the projector. Sighing I stand and get to work. I brief the team on the individual cases and our strategies for each, working with them to get the plans to be as fool proof as possible. Two of the cases are human trafficking operations so the need to have our strategies one hundred percent perfect is crucial.