20

Chapter Twenty - Badass Bitch

Elena Moretti's P.O.V.

"God fucking dammit!" I huff in frustration as I keep wiggling while my leg screams in protest. "Come on, you bastard! Loosen up!"

As soon as Dan had left I started the grueling task of getting myself out of these ropes with a knife wound. My brothers had taught me how to get myself out of these situations when we used to live in the rougher side of town. When I was being tied to the chair I made sure to go through all the steps I've been taught so that I could position myself in such a way that I couldn't be tied tightly.

To my luck the guy got frustrated quickly with me and didn't care how tight the ropes were. I never needed their lessons until now and for that I'm grateful. Wait till I tell them about how I kicked this delusional motherfucker's ass! I grin widely to myself.

Eventually, after what feels like hours, the ropes loosen completely for me to get one of my arms through. With a deep breath I take the knife out of my thigh and bite my lip hard to stifle my pained scream. By this time, I'm sweating bullets and panting harshly from exhaustion as I cut at the rope.

I finally cut myself free and stand but a loud gasp escapes me when I almost stumble to the ground because of the sting that shoots through my leg. Gritting my teeth, I take off my shirt and tie it around my wound in a makeshift bandage just so the bleeding will stop. Now left in only my tank top and jeans I grab the duct tape that's left on the table and take hold of the chair. As quietly as I can I make sure everything is positioned so that my plan works out perfectly.

With a deep breath to steel my nerves and a firm grip around the knife and duct tape I knock on the door. Just as I suspected Cody is dumb enough to open it and look inside instead of calling someone. Working quickly, I knee him in the balls with my good leg and slap some duct tape across his mouth to prevent him from making much noise. The door shuts behind him as I grab his gun and put it into the back of my jeans. I struggle to drag him to the chair but eventually manage to get him on it before duct taping his entire torso and legs to it.

"Cody...you good man – hey!"

Just as I finish the door slams open and gritting my teeth I throw myself at the two men that enter. I struggle to fight against them at the start because of my leg but I manage to throw their guns to the back of the room and get a few stab wounds in with my knife. I make one of them stumble before grabbing his long hair and slamming his head repeatedly against the ground until he's out cold.

The other guy recovers in that time and lunges at me with a brutal punch to my ribs. I gasp in pain before groaning as I headbutt him. He pins me on the ground and takes the dagger from my hand before trying to stab me. I knee him in the stomach before quickly grabbing the gun from the back of my jeans. 

Seeing no choice as he's aiming straight for my chest I shoot his side before pushing him off me. I'm thankful it had a silencer on it which was probably because there's a neighborhood nearby that I saw on the way. The guy wails in pain and shudders against the wall. It takes me a moment to shake it off before I get up and limp back to Cody.

I press a gun to his head before peeling away just a tiny bit of the duct tape for him to speak. "Scream and you're dead. How many others are out there?"

"O-Only me and these two g-guys were inside the house. Nobody is outside b-but you won't –"

I cover his mouth with more duct tape just in case before grabbing the ropes and tying him for extra measure. While I'm working on him I feel something in his pocket and take it out. My eyes brighten in joy when I realize it's his mobile and I quickly call the police. These guys are dumb as fuck! I think to myself in glee.