23

*Any corrections of the Italian language used are welcome.*

Chapter Twenty Three - La Famiglia

After a week of booking holidays off from my job and packing we finally arrive in Rome. Santino had booked us a car from the airport that took us to the house. As we park outside and grab our luggage I smile in content at being back home.

Although this isn't the house I grew up in it's certainly where I spent most of my teenage years. After Santino and Alessandro were settled with their jobs and earning well they bought our parents a new home as our last one was cramped and had started falling apart. Santino and his wife, Marissa, live just two neighborhoods away with their little family.

I take Roman's hand and grin excitedly as we walk up to the double doors. The house is quite traditional on the outside but mom designed its interior to be kept very modern. The garden is blooming with spring flowers and looks immaculate as always. My parents have quite the green thumb so their home always looks perfect.

I ring the doorbell and my dad's eyes widen in shock when he opens the door. "Elena?!"

"Ciao papa! Sorpresa!" I laugh as I hug him tightly and hear everyone except Santino make a noise of exclamation. [Hello dad! Surprise!]

Dad has light brown hair with blue eyes that are behind black framed glasses. He's fit for his age as he goes on walks with my mom and works out from time to time. A wide smile is stuck on my face as I greet my mom and my brothers next. Mom has the same blonde hair and brown eyes as me with curves in all the right places. She has lovely freckles scattered across her cheeks and nose though with a slender build.

Santino is twenty-nine and shares the same features as I do with mom. His blonde hair is a little lighter and he's been blessed with mom's freckles unlike me. He used to be a gym junkie but after three kids he works out a little less. He met Marissa in high school and they got married during their final year of college. She's a gorgeous, petite, raven haired and hazel eyed beauty. She's funny and so caring, it's obvious why Santino fell in love with her.

Next is Alessandro who is twenty-seven like Roman and flew in from Tokyo with his wife. He's the spitting image of our dad with bright blue eyes and light brown hair. He's tall and towers over all of us with well-defined muscles, all the things that give him an unfair advantage whenever I've fought him. He met Madelyn when he was on holiday in Greece and fell in love with her. They got married two years ago and have done a lot of travelling. She's a redhead with brown eyes and a fit figure. She's quite introverted too but the moments where she comes out of her shell she's a feisty woman with sass to match.

Romeo is twenty-six with a mix of our parent's features. He's got mom's brown eyes and dad's brown hair but it's a lot darker. He works out a lot and attracts trouble like a magnet, wreaking havoc wherever he goes. Girls love him but he's yet to settle down, although I've heard from my brothers that he has his eyes set on one which I'm going to weasel out of him during this trip.

I turn to see Roman staring at me with content and I take his hand. I pull him next to me as we face my family and their eyes flash in recognition when they land on Roman. Mom's eyes literally sparkle with delight and I groan mentally while hoping she doesn't expect more grandchildren.

"Look! It's the only guy who can put up with our sister!" Romeo yells and I glare at him fiercely.

Everyone welcomes Roman with a hug and tease him about me, making him sound like a saint for dating me. I roll my eyes before my nephews and nieces come running in from outside. They scream my name joyfully and I throw a smug smirk in Romeo's direction, knowing that I'm their favorite.