11th-Behind The Bookshelf

'Good, now I'll be back with your documents. Meanwhile, you both have a little task to complete, move that bookshelf for me will you?'

We both looked at each other and then smiled at her, then we looked at the enormous shelf that covered three quarters of a huge wall as she left us alone.

'This is what secret agents do' Neil shook his head in disbelief and I'd almost forgotten that he was still here with me and not just a figment of my imagination.

'Whatever, let's get this done with' I said walking towards the bookshelf.

I heard him sigh behind me, 'okay so you take the pushing end and I'll take the pulling one.'

He was trying to give me the easy task. In a normal situation I'd be grateful, but right now it seemed like he thought of himself as superior when it came to physicality and that annoyed me, even though it was possibly true.

'I'll take the pulling end'

He threw a disbelieving look my way, again and then shrugged his shoulders.

'Fine, suit yourself.'

We struggled to move it as he pushed and I pulled, we seemed pretty close to giving up, both of us as we threw small glances at each other while trying to move this object that didn't seem to budge.

'Could you please switch places with me ? It will make our work easier.'

As much as I hated it I found myself agreeing and soon the shelf was out of the way.

'No shit' He exclaimed.

'Totally didn't see that coming.'I replied.