Chapter 2

Prom- A night all girls wait for, for 4 years. They get pretty dresses, do they hair and makeup and look at themselves in the mirror until they feel ready to walk out of their rooms, to their dates.

Veronica and Betty are in the Pembrooke getting ready. Veronica is straightening her dark blue ball gown before she applies her lipstick. She turns to Betty and runs her fingers through her blond hair.
"I love your hair like this. It's beautiful . You should wear it down more often"

"Thanks V. You look beautiful too. I bet Archie's gonna faint"

"I think I'm wearing too much for that" she laughs

"VERONICA? the boys are here!" Hermione shouts.

"Ready?" Betty squeals and grabs Veronica's hand. She doesn't even wait for an answer and pulls her friend to the living room.

When Archie's eyes land on Veronica, his jaw drops. A wide smile spreads on his face and his eyes sparkle.
He holds his hand out to Veronica and twirls her around before he pulls her into his chest.
"You look beautiful baby" he whispers into ear and thenkisses her cheek.

"Thank you Archiekins. You look pretty handsome" she whispers and then turns to her parents. Archie's arms are still around her waist. His head rest on her shoulder while she talks to her parents. How could he ever doubt, for even a second, that she's not the one. He loves her more than anything else and every time he looks into her eyes, he sees their future.
What he did was a big mistake and he has to make sure Veronica will never find out. It will break her and he will never forgive himself for hurting her. He's ripped out of his thoughts by a giggle that makes his heart melt.

"Did you listen to me Archiekins?"

"Huh?"

"I said let's take some pictures"

He nods before he stands up straight but keeps his arms around her. He won't let go of her for the rest of the night and his life. She's his girl, only his and no one else's.
He smiles into the camera while Harmonie takes pictures of them. He leans back down to kiss her cheek. He feels her grin widely and how she blushes. "I love you" he whispers and kisses her again.

"Okay kids, go go and have fun" Hermione smiles and hands Veronica her phone back.

The second Veronica, Archie, Betty and Jughead walk out the door Veronica grabs Archie by the collar of his dress shirt and pulls him down to her. "Now that my parents are out of sight" she mumbles and kisses him passionately. His hands are still on her waist.

"Ugh you guys are so annoying" Jughead groans.

•••

The four teenagers walk into the gym. Archie holds Veronica's hand tightly. Their fingers are intertwined.
"Do you want a drink Ronnie?"

"No but I wanna dance" she squeals. She grabs Betty's free hand and now pulls Archie and Betty and with her Jughead onto the dance floor.
Veronica grabs Archie's hands and places them onto her waist before she starts dancing. His hands roam around her body and hers around his. He's blushing softly and kisses her whenever he wants to.
They dance and laugh and have fun when suddenly a slow song comes on. A love song, a song Archie recognizes almost immediately. It's Veronica's favorite song and they've danced to it like a hundert times already.

"I love this song" Veronica squeals. She wraps her arms loosely around his neck and leans her head against his chest.
His arms are wrapped around her and every now and then he places a soft kiss to her head while they slowly sway to the rhythm of the music.