Chapter 30

~1 year later~

Veronica wakes up to her daughter sound asleep next to her. It's her wedding day and she and Archie both agreed to spend the night before separated so Freddie and Archie spent the night at Jughead's while Veronica and Valerie stayed at home.

A smile spreads over Veronica's face. She leans over the little girl and starts to kiss her cheek softly over and over again until her eyes flutter open.

"Mommy" she mumbles.

"Morning sleepyhead. You need to get up honey. Betty and Toni and Cheryl will be here soon"

"Are they going to do my hair as well?"

"Mhm" Veronica giggles.

Valerie squeals. She sits up and wraps her arms around Veronica's neck. The little girl pulls back after a few seconds and leans against the headboard. She claps her hands but quickly stops when she looks into her mother's pale face.

"Mommy are you okay?"

"Ye- yes sweetheart. I'm just really really nervous"

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to marry daddy today" Veronica giggles.

"Why are you nervous though. Nothing is going to change. You love daddy and he loves you. Daddy loved you yesterday just as much as he does today just as much as he will tomorrow. You're just going to promise it in front of our friends today"

"My sweet little baby, why are you so smart? When did you grow up?" Veronica asks a few tears form in her eyes. She knows this is just the beginning of a full day of emotions.

Valerie shrugs and then crawls into Veronica's lap. She grabs her hands and starts to play with them. "Mommy who do you love the most?"

"Well there are three people sharing that spot"

"Who?"

Veronica giggles "You obviously, Freddie and daddy but there are different kinds of love sweetheart so you can't really compare the love I share with daddy with the love I share with you and Freddie"

"What do mean 'different kinds'?"

"You'll understand when you're older mi amor. Come on let's get up now so we can have some cereal before the girls are here"

Valerie furrows her eyebrows. "You eat cereal?"

"Yeah"

"Okay" Valerie says still not really believing it.

Meanwhile Archie is up too. He bounces his little son in his arms while he tries to take a bite of his sandwich. Freddie is now 1 year and 3 months old and he talks a lot. He only knows a few words but repeats those all day long.

Just as Archie wants to take another bite Freddie reaches for it. "Me" he squeals.

"No buddy, that's daddy's sandwich. You just ate"

"Me, me" the little boy whines.

"Okay fine but don't tell mommy" Archie chuckles.
Freddie places his hand on top of Archie's on the sandwich and takes the tiniest bite Archie has ever seen. He chuckles and kisses his son's head.

"Do you want me to get him dressed?" Jughead asks.

Archie turns around. He smiles and nods. Jughead takes the boy into his arms and starts to bounce him up and down just like Archie did.

"You look good with a kid Jug"

"Thanks" he laughs "well there is something I want to tell you. We haven't told anyone yet but Betty is pregnant"