Chapter 19

Archie and Veronica sit on the couch. She is still in his shirt and he's just wearing sweatpants. Archie's arm is wrapped around her and his hand is placed on her stomach while she drinks a cup of coffee.
They can hear little feet walking towards them. Valerie gasps when she sees her parents like this. A wide grin spreads on her face before she runs towards them and jumps onto the couch.

"Are you and daddy back together?" she asks. Her eyes are sparkling as she leans closer to her mother.

"Yes" Veronica giggles.

"Yaaaaaay" she cheers and sits down in Archie's lap. She grabs her father's free hand and plays with his fingers.

"Val honey do you still want to move to Riverdale?"

She nods excitedly.

"Do you want us to move in with daddy?"

"Yes yes yes!" she screams.

"Well Archiekins looks like you have two girls living with you now"

He smiles and places his lips on Veronica's.

Valerie gasps again "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!"

Veronica giggles at how excited her daughter gets and caresses her cheek.

"After breakfast we'll drive to New York and get our stuff"

Valerie jumps up and pulls her dad into the kitchen.

"Let's eat!"

•••

Veronica stands in the living room of her apartment, Archie's arms are wrapped around her waist from behind and Valerie sits on the floor, playing with some of her toys. A few tears develop in her eyes and a single one drops onto Archie's hand.

"What's wrong baby?" he whispers and kisses her cheek.

"Nothing, it's just..... Valerie grew up here. She took her first steps on that rug" she smiles and points to the rug Valerie is sitting on. "She said her first word while I was tucking her in. She had her first piece of solid food in her high chair in the kitchen. We spent so many hours cuddling on the couch, watching Peppa Pig or PAW Patrol and now we're leaving"

"Ronnie you guys don't have to move in with me if you don't want to"

"But I do and I know that Valerie really wants to. It's just sad"

He bites his lip before he chooses to say something. He imagined the following differently but it doesn't really matter.

"Ronnie, I wanted to tell you this on your birthday but I bought this place"

She spins around. Her eyes are wide. "You what?"

"I know how much you love New York and I also know how much you love this apartment, so I bought it. We can afford both places so why not. We live in Riverdale but we can come back here whenever you want for as long as you want"

"Oh Archiekins" she whispers. She wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him down to her. She places her lips on his and smiles widely.
She pulls back when she hears Valerie giggle.