Chapter 20

~3 months later~

Archie is awake already. He prepared breakfast. He did everything he knows his girls love. Pancakes for Valerie, a fruit salad and an almond croissant for Veronica. For himself he did scrambled eggs and some bacon. He smiles widely. He's proud of himself. His mood changes quickly though when he hears a scream from the bedroom. He drops the fork he was holding and runs up the stairs to Veronica.

"Archie!" she whines. She runs into his arms, buries her face in his chest and digs her nails into his arm.

"What wrong baby? Are you okay?"

She points to the ceiling without looking up. Archie laughs when he sees a little spider.

"Are you serious Ronnie?" he chuckles.

"Please get it out of our bedroom"

"It's just a little spider"

"Archie please!"

"Okay" he laughs "but you need to let go of me first"

"Fine" she mumbles. He climbs onto the bed and reaches for the spider. Veronica takes a step back when Archie jumps off the bed with the spider in this hands.

"You're my hero Archie" she says dramatically while she places her hands over her heart.

"Can the hero get a kiss?" He doesn't wait for an answer and takes a step towards her with this lips pursed.

She jumps back and squeals "You get two when that thing is out of the house"

"Deal" he smiles and walks downstairs. Veronica walks to her daughter's bedroom. She knocks on the door before she walks in.
Valerie lies on her back in her bed. Both of her arms are wrapped around Fred, the bunny. She stares at the ceiling.

"Good morning baby" Veronica smiles. She sits down on her daughter's bed and brushes a strand of hair out of her face.

"Morning mommy. Is breakfast ready? I'm hungry"

"It is"

Valerie grins. She sits up and crawls into Veronica's lap. She buries her face in her chest and lets go of her bunny so she can wrap both of her arms around her mom.

"Oh sweetie, please never grow up"

"I won't mommy! I will stay little forever. I promise"

Veronica laughs before she gets up. Valerie is still sleepy so she carries her to the kitchen.
Archie is already waiting for his girls.
When Valerie sees him she wiggles in Veronica's arms so she sets her down. Valerie runs to Archie and wraps her arms around his legs. "Morning princess, what do you want to drink?"

"Leche por favor"

Archie furrows his eyebrows and looks to Veronica. She laughs. "Archie, leche means-"

"No mommy! Don't tell him. I want him to guess"

Archie bites his lip "uhm orange juice?"

"No daddy" Valerie laughs.

"Oh I remember now! Leche means milk"

"Good job daddy" Valerie grins and claps her hands.

"Milk for Val, I guess coffee for mommy and daddy still wants his kisses" he smirks.

Veronica rolls her eyes but giggles right after. She cups his cheeks, goes on her tiptoes and places two short but sweet kisses on his lips.

•••