Chapter 34

When Archie wakes up Veronica is already awake. He looks up to her. She leans against the headboard of the bed and reads a book.
"Good morning Archiekins"

"Good morning baby" he smiles. He closes his eyes and purses his lips.

"I won't lean down to you. You wanna kiss? Sit up"

Archie groans but nevertheless sits up and leans to Veronica so he can kiss her. Even after all this time he gets a warm fuzzy feeling in his stomach when his and Veronica's lips are together. Veronica feels the same way and that's also why the little baby inside her starts kicking every time they kiss.
With their lips still together, she takes Archie's hand and places it on her stomach and hers on top of his.

"So what do you want to do today" he asks.

Veronica smiles and kisses Archie's cheek before he leans into his chest. "I want to go to New York with Valerie today. I want to spend a mother- daughter day with her before this little one is here" she smiles and places her other hand on her stomach as well.

"Are you sure you're fit enough for that?"

"Are you saying just because I'm pregnant I can't handle my daughter without help?"

"No of course not Ronnie" he chuckles and kisses the side of her head. "I'm just worried. Promise me you will take care of you"

She rolls her eyes but nods. "Yes Archiekins"

"I'll drive you two and I will pick you up tonight".
He strokes Veronica's bump with his thumb before he kisses it softly. Veronica smiles and runs her fingers through his hair.

"You can pick us up tomorrow. I want to spend the night there with her. Just me and my little baby"

"Okay"

•••

Archie kisses Veronica over and over again. He has his hands on her hips and strokes her sides with his thumbs. Veronica giggles.

Valerie stands next to them with her brother in her arms. She rolls her eyes and bounces Freddie up and down. "Mom and dad are so annoying right?" she mumbles.

Freddie squeals and pulls on Archie's shirt. "Dada!"

He chuckles and pulls back slowly. "Sorry kids"

"Can you stop kissing mommy now?"  Valerie asks annoyed.

Archie chuckles but nods. He takes Freddie into his arms and kisses his cheek.
"Ronnie take things slow okay?"

"Yes Archie" she giggles.

Archie turns to Valerie. "Take good care of mommy"

"I will daddy"

"Good"
He leans down and kisses her head softly. "Have fun you two. Freddie and I will enjoy our guy-day"

"Bye daddy and Freddie" Valerie smiles. She walks closer to Veronica and wraps her arms around her waist. Archie takes Veronica's hand and places a few little kisses on it.

"Daddy!"

"Sorry. I'll go now" he chuckles and kisses Veronica's hand one more time before he walks back to his truck with Freddie in his arms.