Chapter 32

"Where are we going Archiekins?" Veronica asks.
She holds one of his hands in both of hers and stares at him with her big brown eyes. Archie planned the honeymoon on his own. Veronica doesn't know anything. She's really excited and has been trying to find out where they are going for the past weeks but Archie doesn't want to tell her. He wants to surprise her.

"You'll see my love" he chuckles.
He squeezes her hand before he turns his head to look out of the window. The clouds look like cotton candy and houses are as tiny as ants.

"Please tell me!" she whines. She leans closer to him and places a couple of kisses on his cheek. Archie smiles. He slowly turns his head back to Veronica so he can kiss her lips. "You can ask me three questions"

"Only three?"

"Only three" he chuckles.

"Mhhh okay, mountains or beach?"

"Beach of course"

Veronica giggles. She bites the inside of her lip and closes her eyes to think of another question. "Mhhh, do they speak Spanish there?"

"No" Archie smiles. He kisses Veronica's cheek while her eyes are still closed.

"So ocean and no Spanish. Is it an island?"

"Uhm, well.... the place we are going to is an island, yes. Do you have an idea?"

"Noo!" she whines.

"Well then I guess you have to wait"

"You're so unfair Archiekins"

"Really? I don't think so" He kisses her forehead and plays with her fingers. The way Archie says it makes Veronica laughs. She lies her down on his shoulder and closes her eyes again.

"I miss our babies already" she sighs.

"Me too Ronnie but we have one third with us" he laughs and places his hand on her stomach. He rubs his thumb over it slowly while he kisses her head softly. "We have a little baby with us" he whispers "oh my god Ronnie, we sneaked someone on the plane"

"You're such a goof"

"Thanks babe"

Veronica laughs and rolls her eyes.

"How do you feel Ronnie? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you Archie"

•••

"Are you ready?" Archie whispers into Veronica's ear. He stands behind her. His chin rests of her shoulder and his arms are wrapped around her waist. Her hands are on top of his. A blindfold covers her eyes. She can't see anything but she can feel the warm, soft sand between her toes and she can hear the ocean.

"Mhm"

"Then take the blindfold off"

Veronica giggles. She takes her hands away from Archie's and pulls the blindfold down. She gasps and covers her mouth. She stares at the beach in front of her. The water is crystal clear, the sand is white. There are a few palm trees and some parents are playing with their kids.

"This is absolutely beautiful Archiekins" she squeals.
She kisses the side of his head a couple of times before her gaze moves back to the ocean.

"But I still don't know where we are"

Archie chuckles. He slowly turns him and Veronica around. In front of them are now a bunch of little white houses with blue roofs on a little hill.