Chapter 23

When Archie wakes up he still has his arm around Veronica, with his hand on her stomach. He did not move once. Veronica is still asleep. He uses the opportunity and runs his fingers slowly up and down her her tiny little baby bump. You can barely see it but you can definitely feel it. Veronica shifts and turns so she now lies on her back and looks into Archie's eyes. He sits up so he can look at her better.

"Good morning beautiful"

"Morning Archiekins" she mumbles. Her eyes are open but Archie can see that she's not really awake. She looks sleepy but more important to him, really cute.

He leans down and places a soft kiss on her lips and then a few on her cheek.

"You okay?"

"Mhm, I just try to stay sleepy for as long as possible because once I'm aware of the things that happen around me I get nauseous"

"Okay" he chuckles "then close your eyes my love and sleep, just a little longer"

"What about Val?" she whispers. Her eyes are already closed again and Archie knows she probably won't even hear his answer anymore.

"Let me check on her. I think she's up already. I'll play with her. You sleep and yell when you need me"
He climbs over her and stares at how she lies on that little couch. He can't believe they both slept on it. They definitely need a bigger couch especially because soon there will be four people living here. He kisses her one last time before he walks into Valerie's room.

The girl sits on the floor and plays with her barbies. She smiles widely when she sees Archie walk into her room.

"Morning daddy"

"Good morning honey" he chuckles and sits down next to her. Valerie crawls in his lap and snuggles into his chest.

"Val?"

"Mhm"

"I want to ask you something but you have to keep it a secret, you can't tell mommy"

She looks up to him. Her eyes are wide. "But I don't want to lie to mommy"

"It's not lying. I want to surprise mommy. If you tell her, it's not a surprise anymore"

"I think it's okay then"

"I want to marry mommy"

Valerie gasps and covers her mouth "Really?"

"Mhm but I wanted to ask you first. I want know if you're okay with that"

"Of course daddy!" Valerie squeals and pulls on his shirt.

Archie laughs and kisses her head. "I want to ask her on auntie Betty's and uncle Jug's wedding. I already talked to them and they are more than happy to help me"

"I want to help too"

"Of course you can help but remember don't tell mommy. Not a single word okay?"

"My lips are sealed"

"Perfect" he chuckles "Why don't you change real quick and we go for a walk with Vegas Junior"

"Can I wear a dress?"

"Of course. I'll wait downstairs and please be quiet. Mommy is still asleep"

"Okay"

•••

Valerie holds Archie's hand while they walk. In the other hand she holds Vegas's leash.

"Daddy?"

"Yes"

"Is anything going to change when you and mommy are married?"

"No honey only that mommy's last name will be Andrews"

"What about my last name?" she asks.

"Your last name won't change unless you want it to"

"Will the baby's name be Andrews?"

"Yes" Archie smiles. He can't wait to hold his little baby in his arms. He loves babies.

"Then I want my name to be Andrews too"

"Okay, we can arrange that but remember don't t-"

"Yeah, yeah I know 'don't tell mommy'" she says in a deep voice to imitate her father.
Archie laughs and squeezes her little hand. He's happy that Valerie wants his last name. He can't wait for the day when Veronica and Valerie are both Andrews'.

"Daddy can we get flowers for mommy? She seems so tired lately"

"That's a very good idea honey. Mommy is tired because of the baby. It makes her nauseous and emotional"

"Why?"

"I don't know sweetheart. Ask mommy. I always failed biology but don't worry okay? Mommy is fine"

"Okay"

•••

"MOMMY" Valerie screams. She slowly walks into the house with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. "Look!"

Valerie walks into the living room but Veronica isn't there. "Mommy?"

"Here" she mumbles while she walks out of the bathroom. Archie walks towards her. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her cheek.

"Do you want some water?"

"Yes please"

"Look mommy! We got these for you"
Valerie smiles and holds the flowers towards her.

"Oh they are so beautiful. Thank you mi amor"

"You're welcome" she giggles. Valerie wraps her arms around Veronica's legs, gets on her tiptoes and purses her lips.
Veronica leans down and kisses her daughter's head. "Mommy doesn't feel so well so trust me honey, you don't want to kiss me right now"

"Is the baby making you feel sick?" she asks while she strokes her mother's stomach.

"It is but that's normal. You made me feel sick too" Veronica giggles and tabs the tip of her daughter's nose. "But I have to admit, I feel so so so much sicker this time and that's why I think it's a boy"

"Really?" Archie asks while he hands her a glass of water. "I feel like it's gonna be another girl"

"What do you think Val? Girl or boy?"

The little girl shrugs "I don't know and I don't really care. I just want someone to play with"

"That's really sweet mi amor"

"Can we eat now? I'm so hungry!"

"Uhm I just got up. I didn't do anything"

"Can we go to Pop's then? I want pancakes and a milkshake. Please please please!"

Archie turns to Veronica. He runs his fingers over her back and smiles slightly. "Ronnie do you want to go out or stay here?"

"We can go. I feel better"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" Veronica giggles.

Valerie squeals. She doesn't even wait for her parents to say something. She runs to the front door and waits there, with her hand on the door handle.

"Soon we're going to have two of those" Archie whispers while he pulls Veronica closer to him.

"I know. It's so exciting"

"Mhm, I cant wait for more little humans to run around"

She raises an eyebrow "more?"

"Yeah, I want more than two. Like three or four maybe five"

"No no no" Veronica laughs "four maybe but I prefer three. You're not the one who has to carry them for nine months and then push them out of your body"

"Let's have this one first" he smiles while he places his hand on her belly "and then we see where it takes us"

"Sounds good"

"MOMMY! DADDY!"

"Coming" Veronica giggles. She kisses Archie's jaw and spins out of his arms before she walks to her daughter.