Chapter 24

Valerie lies in her bed with her eyes closed when she feels Vegas lick her face. She squeals and sits up. "Stop" she giggles. The little dog jumps on her bed and lies down next to her so Valerie starts to pats him.

"Today is a really exciting day little doggie. Today we are going to find out if the baby is a girl or a boy"

"I didn't tell mommy but I want a sissy but I think it's going to be a boy. Mommy and I can team up against daddy and the baby then" she giggles. "I know you're a boy too but girls are better than boys"

Vegas barks which makes Valerie giggle. She lightly taps his head and holds a finger in front of her lips.

"Shhh, mommy and daddy are still asleep"

Vegas barks again.

"Your right doggie. Let's wake them up!" she giggles.
She gets out of bed and walks to her parents's bedroom, Vegas Junior follows her.
Valerie opens the door slowly. She smiles when she sees Archie and Veronica awake.

"Good morning mi amor" Veronica giggles.

"Morning Mommy and Daddy" Valerie says while she climbs into the bed. She sits down between her parents and places her little hand on Veronica's now visible baby bump. "And good morning little baby"

"Are you excited to find out the gender?" Veronica asks. She runs her fingers through her daughter's hair while she waits for an answer.

"Mhm"

"I can't believe I'm already 21 weeks. Time flys"

"Time can fly faster. I want to hold my baby" Archie grins.

Valerie suddenly feels something in her little heart she has never felt before. It's a mixture between sad and mad and also kind of scared. She turns to Archie and snuggles into his side.

"You're my daddy" she mumbles.

Archie chuckles. He kisses her head multiple times and wraps his arm around her. "No need to be jealous Val. I love all my babies the same. You have to learn to share though"

"Not today" she whispers so quietly that neither Archie nor Veronica heard it.

•••

"This is going to be a little cold Miss Lodge" the doctor smiles while he puts some gel on Veronica's stomach. Archie holds Veronica's hand while Valerie sits in his lap.

"There it is, your baby"

"That's the baby?" Valerie asks "It looks like a little bean"

"It does" the doctor laughs. "How do you feel Miss Lodge? Everything okay?"

"Yes. I feel so much better than the last time but I still feel sick some mornings"

"Okay but that's normal Miss Lodge, don't worry. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do but I think when your boyfriend and daughter care for you, you will feel way better" he smiles.

"They already do. They are the sweetest" Veronica giggles. Archie brings her hand to his mouth and kisses it softly.

Valerie stares at the screen. She doesn't really see anything. "Mr. Doctor Sir?" she asks.

"Yes young lady?" he chuckles.

"Is the baby a girl or a boy?"

"Do you want to know?"

"Mhm"

"Miss Lodge?"

"Yeah, please tell us" she giggles.

"Okay, the baby is a boy"

Veronica squeals "I knew it"

Archie smiles too. He's going to have a son, someone who will keep the Andrews name alive after he and Veronica are gone, someone he can play soccer with and teach how to treat girls and especially his girls.

"So I'm going to have a brother?"

"Si, mi amor" Veronica giggles.

"As long as he plays with me"

•••

Veronica sits between Archie's legs on the couch. Valerie is asleep. His hands move in little circles on her stomach while he kisses her temple over and over again.

"We should start thinking about names" Veronica says.

Archie bits his lip "Mhhh, What about Jordan or Noah or Oliver or Lucas or Henry or Carter or-"

"About Frederick?" Veronica interrupts "I really love that name. We can call him Freddie or Fred"

"Are you serious?" he whispers. Tears develop in his eyes while his hands now rest on her stomach.

Veronica smiles. She looks up to him and kisses his jaw.  "100 percent"

"It's perfect. I love you Ronnie, so much"

She giggles when his tears drop onto her face. She runs her thumb over his cheekbone before she pulls his face down to her and kisses his lips lovingly. "I love you too"

Archie starts to move his hands in circles on her stomach again. "Little Freddie" he whispers "My son, finally some male support"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Veronica giggles while she places her hands on Archie's.

"You know I love you and Val so much but you two are probably the girliest girls in this world. Don't get me wrong I love having tea parties and makeovers and discussions about nail polish but I'm excited that I'm going to have someone to play soccer with or football"

"Fair enough"

"Do you know what I'm most excited about?"

"Tell me" she giggles.

"Family nights. All four of us cuddling on this couch, watching a movie and eating popcorn"

"That sounds great Archiekins. I can't wait for that"

"Me neither" he smiles. "There is just one thing my love, this couch is not big enough for four people. We need a bigger one"

"I agree. Let's talk about it tomorrow"

"Okay" he whispers and places multiple kisses on her cheek. She snuggles into his chest and closes her eyes.
Archie kept stroking her stomach until she fell asleep.