Chapter 16

"Mommy wake up! It's my birthday!" Valerie squeals. She jumps up and down on Veronica's bed and claps her hands. "Mommy!"

"Okay okay" Veronica laughs.

"I'm so excited" Valerie grins. She jumps onto Veronica. "Oh god Valerie" Veronica giggles "you can't do that anymore"

"Lo siento mommy" Valerie mumbles and crawl under the covers, next to her mom. She lies her head onto Veronica's chest and her arm over her stomach.

"It's alright mi amor"

Veronica waits a second before she flips them over. Her elbows are next to Valerie's head. She places kisses all over her daughter's face, which makes the little girl squeal. "Feliz cumpleaños, mija. Te quiero mucho mucho mucho"

"Gracias mommy" Valerie giggles. She wraps her arms around Veronica's neck and pulls her head onto her chest. She plays with her mom's hair while Veronica closes her eyes. She enjoys her daughter's hands in her hair. She loves cuddling with her and being close to her. Valerie is Veronica's biggest accomplishment. She would do anything for her.

"Mommy can we make breakfast? I'm hungry"

"Sure" she smiles and gets up but then turns to Valerie who didn't move.

"Carry me!"

"Val" Veronica giggles "You're a big girl. You can walk on your own"

"Please mommy"

"Only because it's your birthday" Veronica says and opens her arms. Valerie giggles. She crawls over to her mom before she gets up and jumps into her arms. "I love you" the little girl mumbles.

"I love you too honey"

•••

Valerie lies on her back on the rug in the living room. She has her hands on her stomach and stares at the ceiling. Veronica sits on the couch with her mom and dad. Mary will join them later.

"Mommy I'm bored. When will daddy be here?"

As Veronica opens her mouth to answer there's a knock on the front door. She smiles and gets up. Valerie turns her head so she can keep her eyes on her mom.
Veronica opens the door.

"Daddy!" Valerie squeals. She gets up and runs to Archie. He lifts her into his arms and places on long, loving kiss to her temple. "Happy birthday princess"

"Thank you" she grins "where is my present?"

"Valerie!" Veronica warns.

"Sorry"

Archie laughs and kisses her head again. "It's still in the car. Uncle Reggie is waiting"

"Uncle Reggie is here?" Valerie asks excited. Her eyes sparkle and her hands squeeze Archie's shoulder.

"Mhm. He wanted to see you today and I needed someone to help me carry your present"

Valerie giggles. "Is it a big present?"

"Mhm" Archie grins. He sets her back down and places his hand on her head. "I'll be right back honey. I have to help Reggie carry your present"

"Can I come with you?"