Chapter 31

*semi long chapter* 😇

___________________________________
Hiram looks to his daughter. "Are you ready mija?"

Veronica nods and loops her arm through her father's "Yes I am"
___________________________________

Valerie giggles and takes a little basket full of rose petals into one hand and her brother's hand into her other. She starts to walks slowly so Freddie wouldn't trip. The two kids walk in front of her mom and take turns throwing the rose petals. Archie's heart melts when when he sees his kids. They are his prized possession and he's so grateful he has them. His gaze moves from them to Veronica. His heart skips a beat and his eyes fill with tears. She looks absolutely stunning. She takes his breath away. Never did he think a human being could look this beautiful but he was wrong. There was in fact one woman in his world who could make him pass out with a simple smile.

Veronica's heart flutters when she sees her Archiekins at the altar. He looks extremely handsome and at the same time really cute. A quiet little giggles leaves her mouth when she sees the tears running down on Archie's cheeks. She started crying too.
She sees how her kids reached the altar and now walk to their grandmother's . Valerie sits in Mary's lap and Freddie in Hermione's. On each side of them there is an empty chair. The one next to Hermione for Hiram and the one next to Mary for Fred. An idea Veronica came up with and made Archie only fall deeper in love with her.

Hiram places Veronica's hands into Archie's and smiles softly. He kisses his daughter's forehead before he turns to Archie. "You better take good care of my little girl. Keep loving her the way you do and I swear if you hurt her again, you're dead"

"Don't worry Sir. Your daughter and the kids are my priority. I would give my life for them"

"I know that Archie and I think it's really time for you to call me Hiram" he smiles. He pats Archie's back and kisses Veronica's cheek before he sits down next to Hermione.

"You look so beautiful" Archie whispers while more tears run down his cheeks. "I'm the luckiest man alive"
Veronica smiles. She runs her thumb over his cheekbone to wipe some tears away. "I love you Archiekins" she whispers back.

"I love you Ronnie"

He squeezes her hands and stares into her eyes while  the priest starts to talk.

"We came together today to celebrate the love of these two young people. They want to get married and promise each other eternal love"

That's the only thing Archie hears. He gets lost in Veronica's eyes and already imagines what the next 10, 20, 50 years will look like with her.
He imagines family vacations and romantic dinners with Veronica, family movie nights and mommy-daddy nights. He imagines how his kids will grow up and go to high school and college. He can't wait to wake up next to Veronica every single morning and fall asleep next to her every single night. He can't wait to make her feel beautiful and loved and special. He can't wait to spend every single day for the rest of his life with the woman he loves.

Archie snaps back into reality when he finally hears the question he has been waiting for for years.

"Do you Archie Andrews take Veronica Cecilia Lodge as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"