chapter 4: talking

I woke up, and it was still dark outside. I look next to me and saw someone in the bed, it was to dark so I couldn't really see who it was, so I looked back at the my phone and it was 2a.m. I got up and walked to the beach.

The beach is the one place I go when I need to clear my mind, the splashes of color from the sun to the water to the sand it's beautiful especially at sunset. The calming sound of the waves crashing into each other, the birds squawking, the distant yells of children having fun. It's all what calms me down.

I really need to clear my head with the whole Chase thing and not seeing Quinton a lot today, which I mean, can't really complain cause we got here today but I still miss seeing his cute little freckled face.

I couldn't see where I was going and crashed into someone. " Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I said standing back up. " What are you doing out here?" Chase asked. " I could ask you the same thing." I said laughing. " I needed to clear my head. What about you?" He asked. " Same." I answered looking at his eyes. " Wanna walk together?" Chase asked grabbing my hand. " Sure, how are you anyway? Ever since hype house started, I haven't seen or talked to you really. So, how's life?" I asked. "Good, how about you, how is it living at sway?" Chase asked as we walked around the beach. " I love it, I mean, Josh and Bryce can get annoying sometimes, they act like they're my older brothers." I said rolling my eyes laughing. " fun." He said in a high pitched voice with jazz hands.

We continued talking until he stopped walking and he threw sand at me. " it's on hoodie!" I said laughing throwing sand back at him. We kept running until he tripped and I fell on top of him and looked down at him, his ocean blue eyes shining in the moon. " Chloe, I missed you, a lot." He said a little louder than a whisper. " Stop! Stop it right now!" I yelled mostly to me. " Chloe, I'm sorry ok, I miss you and I,i, I just don't know anymore!" He said a little louder.

" Chase, we- we can't ok, we cant , it can't happen again. We can't happen again. You broke me in so many different ways." I said barely over a whisper. " I know ok, and I regret it. I miss you, like, a lot. Can we please, please, can we go back to how we were? Before the content houses, before I met your sister, when we were both happy. When we kissed each other before each show, when we hyped each other up over the stupidest things, when we cried watching sad movies together and cuddled on the bus and stuff. Why can't we go back? I miss you ok, I'll admit that, I missed you so much." Chase said looking at me.

I began to walk away. "Chase, we can't, ok? We can't go back to how we were. You're with Charli, who by the way, is my twin sister, and I'm with Quinton. Yeah, that was all fun and I miss those days too but my twin is special, once in a lifetime experience." I said turning around walking backwards. "But -." He started but I cut him off. "No buts, we're just friends and that's it, we're never going to be more!" I yelled running away back to the hotel room.

I open my room door and see Quinton snoring on his bed. I jumped on my bed and went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up as got dressed cause we're all scuba diving today. we walked to the boat and sat down. I sat down in the corner just to think about what happened yesterday on the beach until Anthony and Sebastian came up to me.

" Can we talk?" Ant said sitting down next to me. I just nodded. "We saw you and Chase earlier." Sebastian says. My eyes widen and I freak out. " I didn't know he was there, I had to clear my mind, so I went to the beach, like I always do, you know that." I said explaining why I was there. " I know but you need to control your feelings Chloe!" Anthony said looking at me in the eyes. "Are you fucking serious?!! I'm dating Quinton, you know that! What the hell is wrong with you!!?" I asked looking at him in disbelief. Grabbing my purse that only has my phone and money in, and hit him with it. " Hey Hey Hey, slowdown, I'm just trying to help you." I push him away and bring my knees to my chest taking a deep breath.