chapter 7

Maxi POV:
'I think we need to prank Marlow soon, new trainee equals new prank' I laughed looking at Reidy and Beardy

'We'll go easy on her first, then in awhile we'll get her good' Beardy went back to looking at the water

Then I heard this thump sound, I let out a chuckle thinking Marts had dropped her lunch,

'Yo, Marts? Dropped your lunch?' I shout back in between giggles, no reply, odd?

Beardy gave me a look of concern, mirroring his was Reidy, Gonz and Hoppo

I turn around and walk down the two steps to a sight I nearly choked on, Marls was laying, still and pale on the ground with a small pool of blood at her head, her lunch was in fact spilled and her phone beside her bag.

'Oh my god- GUYS!' I rush and kneel down by this small girls frail figure and check her pulse, it's thier just dipping slightly. I let out a sigh of relief. She's not dead!

Hoppo comes running down the steps, leading to what I can imagine his worst nightmare.

'Oh no, no, no,no' I hear him mutter under his breath. 'Hey? Marls? It's Dad, open your eyes honey?' I stop and wait to see will she, I grab the oxygen tank, not wasting a moment.

By now Beardy, Gonzo and Reidy were all down here.

'Keep an eye on her pulse!' Reidy shouts
'Come on sweetie, open up your beautiful blue eyes for us' Beardy says

Hoppo is assessing her head damages , only a small not deep cut, probably from the fall. He was worried, it was written like a book on his face. He let out a discreet tear, I wanted to tell him it'll be fine and I know Marts like the back of my hand, but it felt wrong, because, I didn't know that.

Suddenly her eyes flickered.

Marlow POV:
Light started to open up my gaze, was it the morning? Had I slept in? I wanted to open my eyes but it's like as if weights held them shut.

I heard a familiar voice, my Dad.

'Please Marls! Open your eyes for me!'

Wait, where am I? My head filled with a pain, had I been shot? I'm in one of those movies or dreams amnt I?

I flicker open my eyes, wait, this is not a dream.

A sea of blue people surrounded me, I could make out Maxi, Dad, Reidy, Beardy and I think Gonzo?

They all were talking to me, asking me my name, age and other questions.

'Mar? What's your name?'
'Marlow Emily Hopkins'
'What's your age'
'Fourteen'
'What was the last thing you remember'

What was the last thing?

The texts!

No, not now, I don't need to be wrapped in more protection from my thirty other dads and brothers.

'I went to get my lunch and I think I slipped or something'

'Okay do you have any pain?' Dad looking at me scared

'Not much, just my head a bit' trying not to worry Dad and the others I sit up. I topple over for a second being caught by Reidy and then heading on my merry way, toughness no weakness!

Hoppo POV:
What did I just witness, I think to myself. Did she slip? On what? There's no sign of anything that could've made her slip?

She's walking off like nothing just happend, a small splatter of blood over her top. Did she just really, faint, come back, walk off like, like, like nothing?

As long as she's fine, but I have a hard time believing her alibi.

Reidy POV:
The was the scariest crucial minute I have had in awhile, my heart is going at least 200 bpm! I thought she was having a seizure, we'd be seeing her off in an ambo!

Instead we're seeing her off, walking out the door?

Is she just insane or really good at covering an injury?

She also left her apple on the ground? What is going on with this girl?

Maxi POV:

I was about to run after Marts, there's no way she's the same as she was, she just was lying unconscious a second ago, now patrolling north end? Hoppo was crying? Reidy was panicking? Beardy trying to keep calm?

Now it's all over as quickly as it started.

The boys resumed their positions, a bit shook I can imagine, she looked genuinely dead, I am a bit shellshocked myself.

I see Marls phone is on the ground beside her bag, I wouldn't want anyone to step on it so I guess I'll just slip it into her bag for her, what are besties for?

I pick up her phone and it flashes to her homescreen, three messages, I'm not a nosey type but three messages from a no caller ID is sketchy,

'Hey little girl, I know where you are!'
'I'll pull on ur hair harder next time'
'Princess, I'll get to you soon!

WHAT THE-

I felt like running to tell Hoppo, but she'd kill me, it's best friend code, don't tell each other's parents everything that the other person does.

My reflection is seen in the phone screen, I shove it into her bag and sit down on my previous position. Everyone looked over to me as if they had seen a ghost.

'Hey Maxi? Do you want to lie down? You look a bit pale?' Reidy stutters out

'We don't need another one today Max' Gonzo laughs nervously.

'No I'm fine' I reply sternly and return to watch the water, deep in thought.

A.N: How have you been? I hope you are all safe and keeping well. This story is bad, I know, I just hope you get the same feeling from this story like you do each other persons story. I'll get there one day .

Star and comment if you like this story/chapter.

Xo