chapter 38

Still at the flashback :

I reach Marourbras ramp, I practically fling myself on the bike and run down the ramp. The unknown is beckoning and frightful.

I run down the ramp and am met with a circle of people, mainly Bra Boys, I push through them not thinking about the fact their 3 times my size.

In the circle I see two people, a man and a woman laughing conversing my view from a chair which seems to be the focus.

Revealing, what I never want to see again, Marlow, sitting tied to the chair looking up to the sky. She looks out of it, completely zoned out. Somethings wrong, in her face, but I can't figure out why she looks like that.

'Oi, little boy what are you here for?' The man has spotted me in all my confusion

'Why are you...why is she....what did you do?'

'So your here for your little girlfriend here?' He scoffs and calls over Caroline

'Ah! James, we might have enough time to have you too' she evilly smirks, whatever she's done to Marlow, they want to do to me too.

'NO!' Without thinking I swing a punch at James, he ducks. He looks at me really angry , like furious.

I back away afraid, these men are 6 times my strength.

'Oh you little....right, Mark take him down. NOW!' He shouts, a man emerges from the crowd, I look at him wide eyed.

Before I know, I am being cornered by 'Mark' he hits a punch to my stomach and doesn't miss like I did. I double over and look around to see if there's any help around. Nothing.

Men start jeering at this ton weight of a man to hit me harder etc. I'm in some serious pain, as a final punch to my head, I feel like I'm going to pass out. I look up to the sky, vision filled with blood and spinning like crazy.

How did you not save her?

I feel guilty, I couldn't save her, now we're both going to die.

'Get him again!'
'Another one!'
'Swing high Mark!'

Men are still jeering as I keep getting blows to the ribs, head and legs. Everywhere is aching, the weight of a million bricks it feels like.

Present moment:

Maxi POV:

We see a large man violently punching a smaller figure, I keep walking not caring about the danger ahead.

It's Jack, he must've came to save Marl.

He's lying on the floor barely conscious being hit repeatedly.

Then, Marlow, sitting staring at her surroundings with dialated eyes looking zoned out. What the heck? Why is she so calm?

I look back to Jesse speechless.

'Another boy for us to have?' A man turns to us, it be James

'Ah Jesse! Welcome home!' The man stops beating up Jack, he rolls over in pain.

'So come to watch?' He starts I look at him horrified

'No. Give her over now' I say narrowing my eyes, the man now looks furious he approaches me puts his hand to my neck.