chapter 41

Hoppo POV:

8.34am

Light fills my view from my window, I sigh, knowing today I wake up with a daughter who doesn't even remember me.

Last night I showed her around our home, she was very confused. Looking at each picture of us wondering why she was in them, not realising the endless memories we have together.

Okay Hop, remember she will remember.

Today we've decided to show her around the tower and Bondi, all the boys have been made known of the condition of Marlow. I really appreciate all the texts and calls I've been getting for her sake, knowing people will do anything for her.

'Hey?' I hear Marlows voice from downstairs, sounds very vulnerable.

I stand up and brush off any sorrows. Making my way out of my room, down the wooden hall and down the stairs. I meet Marlow, looking around the house observing everything.

'Hey.....Dad?'
'Yes Marl? What do you need?'
'Eh, my head hurts a bit that's all, and some food but I don't know where to get that?'

Her head has stitches in the back, where she got hit by someone or something. Paper stitches and a square plaster on her forehead and a small stitch on her lip where it was bust open.

'Sure Marl, ill go get your medicine and then we'll go out for breakfast, what do you think?' I smile and ruffle her hair gently.

'Eh, thats okay with me, where are we going?' She asks with a giggle and taking her seat on the countertop chairs.

I reach over to the medical cabnit we keep all medicines and bandages. I take out a prescription box of painkillers.

'We're going to the café opposite Bondi' I smile and turn around taking two small tablets out of the crinkly packaging.

'What's Bondi?' Her innocence is president in her voice, I bite my lip, she doesn't even know what Bondi Beach is?

'I-it's a beach' I tell her looking her in the eye willing her to remember 'Your favourite?'

'Favourite? How can I love something so much but I don't know what it is?'

'I'll bring you today, we'll go after work Marl' she takes the two tablets with a glass of water, I go to where my wallet is and grab my keys.

'Oh! Great! I can't wait to see it, but can I ask, what's a beach?'

'A beach?! Where the water and sand meet, it's a lot of fun.' I can't believe the more and more she can't remember.

'Let's go, better beat the crowds' I say grabbing her hand in mine and walking out the door locking it behind me.

We walk down the promenade, we meet the café accordingly and walk in. The walls are red and white,  and a booth is open by the corner.

'What can I do for the both of you' a waitress approached us and hands us two menus and leads us to the open booth.

Time Skip:

We had finished our breakfast. It was nice to tell Marlow more and more about herself and me. Hopefully it helps her remember.

'Hey Marl, so this here is Bondi Beach' I point to my second home, it wasn't very packed a lot of locals and runners.

'Oh, what do you do here?' She asks not knowing that I run the lifeguard service.

'Well come on into the tower, this is where I work, the other boys here will show you around too'
'Okay, is this the door?' She points to the back door and with my approval she opens it.