chapter 14

Marlow POV:

'A couple nose dives, no harm to practice my swimming I suppose' I say laughing as we come out of the water dripping wet.

'No harm? Your great at catching sets Marls! You should go pro when your in the age category!' Jack compliments me as the hot sand sticks to my feet. His now copper hair is dripping wet and eyes blaring into mine.

'Do you wanna get some lunch?' I ask pointing to the Pavillion.
'Yeah sure! I'll pay, treat m'lady' the more he talks the more I fall for him. I'm crazy!

'I'll just drop my board at the tower, I'll tell my Dad where I'm going' I say
'So your Dad runs Bondi? Must be fun' he laughs, if only he knew!
'He's really overprotective, don't worry the boys might scare you with questions, you see, I'm the youngest and only girl on the service, they act like older brothers!' I say reassuring him and myself partly.

Reaching the tower I can already feel the eyes blaring into me.

'Hello lovebirds!' Maxi chuckles and high fives Chappo smirking.

I give him a glare, a death stare.

'We're gonna head and get some lunch' I say trying to usher Jack out.

'Not so fast!' Kerrbox says sternly
'Excuse me?' Deano furrows his brow
'Introduce is to this boy of yours!' Dad says surrounding the two of us the three of them.

Three of my Dads.

'Well, this is, Jack he's 14 like me' I point to Jack. He shakes their hands and takes the words out of my mouth,

'Hello boys, your daughter is quite the surfer! I could learn a thing or two!' I'm flattered, he was literally perfect. I think the three men in front of me were astonished at his politeness, as if they expected the whole moody teen vibe! Total opposite!

'Well Jack, it's lovely to meet you' Deano goes back to his seat.

Maxi and Chappo are making kissy faces behind Dad and Box's back. I give them another glare.

'Well, you kids have fun!' Box says pushing my Dad to sit down and leave me be a teenager for once in my life.

'Alright! Will do! Thanks Daddy!' I kiss my Dad quickly and wave goodbye to the rest of the boys.

Walking out of the tower I sigh a sigh of relief,

'I'm so sorry Jack, they're just not used to sharing me!' I laugh rubbing the back of my head

'No problem, if I had a daughter as beautiful as you I would be too!'

HE IS SO CUTE! He makes me feel like a princess, like I'm worth it! He just is so polite and funny and , and EVERYTHING I LOVE!

'Yeah, has its upsides I suppose!' Laughing we continue our walk to the little restaurant near Tamarama. Talking about our childhood, schools, future dreams. The whole world felt like it revolves around us. We brush hands as we walk, taking my hand in his we look down giggling and then we arrive at the restaurant.

It had blue walls on the outside, it wasn't fancy at all but was a step up from a café.

The inside had black tiles and these wooden benches that gave it a rustic vibe. Each table had a little flower and candle with menus dispersed at each seat.

'How many people?' A waiter came and asked us, if it wasn't obvious already!

'Two, thank you' I reply politely not causing a fuss
'Ah, yes, follow me over here' he gestures towards one of the benches by the window, the sea view was immaculate and couldn't help but feel so very lucky.