Meeting ✓

Peter was sat at his desk in his room, busy scribbling blueprints for some new Widow Bites; his English essay left half-written and forgotten underneath. Natasha watched him work for a moment before speaking up.
"Hey honey." The preteen jumped up from his desk chair, leaving it spinning around.
"Mama! You're home!" He leapt over and hugged her, careful of the injury he'd already spotted on her stomach.
"Yeah, yeah, I am. How was school, how've you been?"
"It's only been a week." Peter chuckled, gently pulling her into his room so sit on the bed and catch up.
"Exactly, a whole week! You must have some gossip for me."
"Oh, you want the tea?"
"I'm not one hundred percent sure what that means but yes?" She answered hesitantly.
"So, uncle Clint got stuck in the vents and it took us almost two days to get him out. Bruce spent a lot of time standing at the top of a ladder watching as I crawled over to Clint to give him food and water. Tony nearly blew up the lab and now Pepper's really mad at him. Steve lodged his shield in the wall while training by himself and it's been stuck there for three days, no-one can get it out. Tony said it was like the sword and the stone - only the worthy can pull it out, Thor thought that meant him and is now super sad that he isn't worthy, and really confused that he can still wield his hammer. It's been really funny, I wish you'd been here. So, how did that happen?" He lifted her shirt and pointed at the bandages already soaked through.
"Oh, you know, got thrown into a metal pole. I pulled it out and stuck it through the guys head so don't worry. All's good." While Natasha avoided work talk, Peter loved espionage and she couldn't help but tell him some of the cool stuff she did. And she was as honest as one normally is with their children about the injuries she gets.
"Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"
"I actually thought it about time you meet someone. I wanted to do that before stressing Dr Cho out. I might have to have surgery so I need you to meet her so she can take you to school tomorrow."
"Okay, is she your friend?" He asked, forgetting about the surgery part - or trying to forget it.
"Um, sort of. We work together and hang out."
"So she is your friend?" Peter insisted.
"Well, more than that. Peter, I-"
"Am gay." He interrupted.
"What?" Peter had never seen his mother so awkward.
"That's what you were going to say, that you're gay."
"Smart arse." Natasha chuckled, regaining her composure.
"So what's her name? Do I know her? No, forget that, I only know you, Pepper and Helen. Unless it is Helen?" He gasped. "Is it Helen?"
"No. Helen's a great woman but not my type. You have met her a few times, but I wouldn't say you know her." Natasha smiled at her dramatic son. "Plus you know plenty female agents from SHIELD as well."
"Oh, so, what's her name?" The brown haired boy excitedly shuffled forward.
"Her name's Maria. She's just finishing up the mission report and then coming up to meet you." Natasha stroked his hair.
"Does she know where my room is?" The spy could never get enough of her son's over the top use of dramatics - chuckling as he loudly whispered the question like it was a conspiracy.
"Yes Peter, she knows the layout of the compound. She has to because she works here." She whispered in the same manner.
"She works here? So she's like, super smart then?" He asked in amazement.
"Well, yes, she is - but she isn't a scientist if that's what you're thinking. She's an agent, like me, but still works for Pepper after the whole Hydra escapade."
"Woah, she's badass!" Peter enthused, jumping to his feet on the bed. Natasha grabbed him and pulled him back to sitting.
"You haven't even met her. How can you pass a judgement like that?" She chuckled.
"I haven't, but she's an agent, and you said like you. Which means she's super cool because normally you just say agent. You never compare anyone to you. You're complimenting her without realising it."
"Don't ever tell her I said that to you."
"I won't." Then there was a knock at the open door, pausing the two in their laughter. "You must be Maria." Peter jumped up to look up and down the woman. Shoulder length brown hair, lean body, gun holstered to her hip, content smile on her face.
"And you must be Peter. Nice to finally meet you, Natasha talks about you a lot."
"Oh hush." Natasha laughed. "Don't boost his ego too much."
"I have to admit, I didn't know you existed until five minutes ago. But I'm sure if I had, then Mama would've spoken about you a lot too." Maria chuckled. "I do have some questions though, so come in and sit down." He gently dragged Maria into the room and pushed her towards the bed, where Natasha was still seated. He pulled his desk chair over and sat on it backwards, leaning his arms against the back of the chair and staring at the two. He stayed silent for a while, Natasha smiled at him while Maria looked uncharacteristically nervous. "So, are you taking good care of my mum?"
"Well, I try, but you know your mother. Trouble seems to find her." Peter nodded, apparently pleased with the answer.
"And she's treating you well Mama?" Natasha nodded.
"She is Pete, very well." Peter nodded.
"Now, just to settle an argument with uncle Clint. If mama jumped off a cliff, would you do so too?"
"If Nat jumped off a cliff she would have worked out all possible scenarios and the trajectory so yes, I most certainly would."
"Hmm, alright, alright." He stood and walked over to a chart stuck to his wall, adding a tally next to the words "yes because mum's awesome". "Cool, so you're taking me to school tomorrow?" Peter spun back around. Maria looked taken aback.
"Um-"
"Ya know? Because mum will be recovering and shouldn't be driving after surgery."
"Nat, if you didn't report an injury-"
"I'm heading to Helen right after this, I just wanted you two to meet first."
"Nat-"
"Mia, it isn't a big deal. I've had worse."
"I'm sorry Mama, were you trying to hide it?"
"It's okay bud. Babe, it isn't that bad, promise."
"Don't lie Mama! You got impaled on a metal pole and pulled it out by yourself before continuing to fight. You're lucky you aren't dead and that you know how to distract me, I can't believe I didn't drag you to Helen immediately. Up you get, miss Maria can take you." He pushed Maria up before coaxing his mother to stand and leaning her against Maria's lithe but sturdy form. "Bye Mama! Bye Miss Maria!" They walked off.