Christmas ✓

A/n: haven't done one yet, thought it would be cool. I won't do Thanksgiving as I'm not American and even if I were I don't think it should be celebrated. Also, I haven't just forgotten about half the Guardians, I just don't think they would come to Earth for this but Gamora came to support Peter Q and dragged Nebula with her. Woah, this is a long chapter. Sorry that it's a couple days late.

Secret Santa Prep:

Christmas was upon the hero family, and Peter could not be more excited. He was finally old enough to participate in the group Secret Santa and was more hyped than he had been for a while. He had Sam, who he wasn't particularly close with but was happy with as he was quite easy to buy for (or so he thought) - Loki or Carol would have been much harder.

Because they were all superheroes, and had quite a high salary from SHIELD, the price limit was $100 (Tony was giving Peter and Wanda the money they needed).

Of course Peter planned to get Natasha, Maria and Wanda something small anyway - like he always did.

This year his class was also doing a secret Santa - they had a pretty cool teacher - with a price limit of $10, and Peter had, unfortunately, gotten Flash. Wanda had laughed and told him she'd help him - but he wasn't sure he wanted it as she hated the boy more than he did.

He didn't really know what Flash liked other than bullying him, his dad's cars and Spiderman. He decided on getting him Spiderman merch. He and Shuri went shopping and brought a Spiderman mug and filled it with sweets.

For Sam though, Sam was a real problem. He barely knew the man. He hadn't made any suggestions on the Christmas pin board in the lounge and said nothing when gently probed.

So Peter was left on his own to work something out. He briefly remembered Natasha telling him Sam's story of how he came to join the Avengers, and thus the hacking began. After finding out who was in the EXO-7 division, Peter set about getting in contact with them all. Six out of eight agreed to meet Peter and make a video for Sam for Christmas.

Sneaking out was the next problem, but he came up with the excuse of going out into the city with MJ. The team smirked and made fun of him as he jumped into one of the many cars the team had and drove off. He reached the predetermined meet up spot in no time. One guy was already there - he recognised him as Sam's old team mate.
"Hey, I'm Peter." He held out his hand as he walked over.
"Ed Charles, nice to meet ya. Gonna be honest kid, didn't expect you to be so young."
"Yeah, I get that a lot."
"So, how do you know Sam?"
"Um, I'm the son of one of his friends. Well, the adopted son of one of his friends I guess."
"My wife wants us to adopt, I'm not so sure."
"Why not? It's great. My older sister and I are both adopted and it's really nice knowing that even if our relatives are gone, we still have a family that love us." Peter explained excitedly. "And blood doesn't make a family, love does."
"Thanks kid." They were quiet for a while. "So, what's this video about?"
"Oh! It's my first year joining in Secret Santa and I don't know Sam all that well so I didn't know what to get him so I thought this would be nice. I hope he likes it. " The last bit was said nervously, lip bitten and feet shuffling.
"What do you want us to say?" Another man walked up from beside them. "Hi, John Clark." He stuck out his hand for Peter.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Peter." And the boy shook it.
"I reckoned." They sat in silence for a second before Peter remembered a question had been asked and he hurried to answer it.
"Um, I'll explain when everyone gets here. Should be six guys soon." Two men walked up behind them chatting and catching up, stopping beside them and throwing out a quick "hey guys" before they continued. Another man, this one with a limp, arrived only a minute later. After ten minutes of watching the five men catch up, Peter spotted the last one walking over.
"Sorry I'm late, traffic is hell in the city." The men all agreed before turning to Peter.
"Okay, so, um, as I explained to Ed, I'm the son of one of Sam's friends, and I'm participating in Secret Santa for the first time. I don't know Sam that well but I know that he used to fly with you guys and he talks about the "good old days" a lot. So I thought it would be nice if I could film you recounting some funny stories about him and your time together?" The men all smiled at the small kid.
"Sound good kid."