Road trip✓

Peter had been home from school for barely even thirty seconds before he was scrambling to pack for the holiday the family of four (plus their dog) were meant to be taking that week. Scott had laughed at him skidding down the hall to get to his room. He had thrown a week's worth of outfits into his bag when Natasha walked in. He excitedly started to ramble about the trip, making Natasha instinctively smile and laugh. When he started jumping on the bed, exclaiming about how jealous Ned was, Natasha sat and pulled him into her lap, ticking him like when he was a child. He was giggling and wiggling like not a day had passed since he was a five year old boy, but Natasha was reminded just how much older he was now when he flung them both onto the bed and pinned her down laughing.
"Pinned ya." He laughed. She smirked and rolled them off the bed. They rolled around trying to pin each other for a while, chuckling like mad men. Eventually, out of pure luck, Peter got the upper hand and pinned Natasha down again. "Pinned ya again." He smirked smugly, she smirked proudly up at him, at least ten different escapes in her head.
"Did you just quote Lion King at me?"
"Yep!" She manuevered her body and flipped them, before standing and helping her son up.
"So, you're excited then?" The redhead asked, sitting down and guiding him with her.
"Really excited! We've never been on a holiday before! Not as a whole family. I mean, we went to Granada the two of us when I was six, but you were getting intel so it wasn't really a holiday! But we've never gone on one the four of us." He rambled, bouncing on the spot.
"About that, Wanda has been sent on a mission, and Maria won't be back on time. It's just going to be the two of us baby."
"Oh, can't we wait for them?" Peter tried not to be over come with disappointment, but he'd been looking forward to this for months.
"I tried baby, but the school won't let us push it. We can have a week here, playing games, we can go to Brazil just us two, or you can go to school."
"What if we went on a road trip?" He suggested after a while, having spotted the road map in his bookcase.
"A road trip?"
"Yeah! I passed my test a couple months back now so we could take it in turns driving. And just drive up the east coast or something."
"This is something you want?" Since realising how little of his childhood Peter had actually had to play, Natasha had been reiterating everything he said, making sure he got what he wanted.
"Yeah! And we could camp somewhere in the wild each night. Like we planned when I was little."
"You know that plan was in case we had to go on the run right?"
"Well, I figured that out when an agent started teaching me about having back up plans when I was like eight. So, yeah, but we could do it for fun. I have a couple tents somewhere in here-" he started rummaging around under his bed for the tents he had gotten a couple years ago for a trip he was meant to go on with Steve, but ended up getting cancelled because of a hurricane, and so had only been used for training in the surrounding areas and on one trip with Daisy Johnson to get intel but that was technically training for him too.
"If you really want to, I'd be happy to go on a camping road trip with you." Natasha smiled gently to herself - how had she managed to get such a good kid?
"Found them!" He shuffled back out from under his bed. "So, when do we leave?"
"Whenever you want Honey. I'll go cancel our plane tickets and hotel rooms, you bug Tony to see if anyone has any more equipment."

Two hours later Peter had found all the equipment they needed - which wasn't much.

As he was packing it all into one of the pickup trucks they had he mentally made a checklist.

Two tents ✓
Two sleeping bags ✓
Water carrier ✓
Cooler box ✓
Two rucksacks full of clothes ✓
Two camping chairs ✓
A picnic blanket ✓
Lantern and torch ✓
Camping stove ✓
Cutlery and cooking utensils ✓ (sorry Steve, hope you don't need them)
Portable power pack ✓
Spare tyre and tyre changing kit ✓
Oil ✓
Petrol ✓
Engine coolant ✓
An emergency hand gun ✓ (spies are forever)
Money ✓
Pen knife ✓
Portable dog bowls ✓
Dog food ✓
Dog blanket/bed ✓
Extra leads ✓

"All done!" He shouted to the garage, knowing his mother would know even if she didn't hear him thanks to Friday.

They said their goodbyes to Wanda, who was leaving the same day with Sam and Rhodey for their mission, and wished her luck. They called Maria about the change of plans and clambered into the car, Tro in the passenger foot well. Tony told them to call if anything went off just as Natasha pulled out of the garage and into the evening air.

...

Due to both Tro and Peter needing walking every two hours or so, the moving was slow. They only had nine days so they headed south for four of them, stayed a whole day in North Carolina, and then planned to travel North for four days too.

On the last day of travelling south, they were walking along Oak Island in the evening, both had fries as they'd gotten hungry and we're enjoying the peace and quiet.
"Do you wish I'd given you a life where this was the norm?" She asked him as they watched some seagulls pecking around the floor.
"No," he answered shortly. "I just wish we'd done this more often." She nodded and gently nudged his arm. He stumbled a little before pushing her back. It soon turned into a competition, the two of them laughing at each other as they did and Tro barking happily. Natasha went to throw away her rubbish and the bag they'd used to pick up Tro's waste and Peter stayed by the water. He quickly got bored and started feeding the Seagulls his last few fries. When Natasha turned back around it was to see Peter sprinting down the beach being chased by the birds and screaming. Tro was running behind the birds and trying to catch them.

Like any reasonable and loving mother, she pulled out her phone and videoed it.

When they came home a few days later, with crazy stories that only ever happened when the chaotic boy was present, everyone immediately started teasing him about the gull incident.
"How do you know about that?" He asked cautiously, then he spun to look at his mother who was laughing uncontrollably. "I hate you Mama."
"No you don't."