School Dance ✓

"I'm so sorry Peter." Came MJ's voice from over the phone, distorted and stuffy.
"It's okay. It's more important that you rest and get better. Do you need me to bring anything over?  Meds? Soup? Blankets? Heat pads? Chocolate?" While he was disappointed, his girlfriend was more important. "Anything else?"
"That's alright, mum's here and fussing over me. Go hang out with Ned and Betty." She told him.
"Okay. Feel better later."
"I'll try." She chuckled.
"I love you."
"Love you too, loser." He laughed as she hung up.

He trudged out into the main room and flopped down on the sofa, startling half the inhabitants. Maria smiled gently at him.
"You okay?" He looked at her and crawled over and buried his head in her stomach. "I'll take that as a no. What's wrong Pete? Aren't you meant to be getting ready for a dance?" While she did receive a verbal response this time, she had no idea what he had said as it was so muffled. Sam, Steve and Scott all laughed from their places around the room. "What was that?" Peter finally lifted his head, tears in his eyes.
"MJ can't go to the dance." He answered solemnly.
"Oh?"
"And I don't want to go alone and be a third wheel to Ned and his girlfriend because that was really awkward before MJ and I got together. And I'm sure people will tease me for not having a date - teenagers are like that." He'd gotten good at hiding the fact he was bullied from his family - benefits of spy training. "And so I don't want to go."
"Why can't Michelle go?" The older woman started to gently run her fingers through his curls as he settled his head back onto her lap, facing her stomach but not buried in it this time.
"She caught the flu so she has to stay in bed. Do I have to go?" The boy wined.
"We aren't going to force you to go if you don't want to." Maria answered solemnly, he had really wanted to go just this morning and she wanted him to go out and enjoy himself.
"Ned will be upset if I don't go though."
"So what're you going to do? Go and be miserable, alone and bored; or stay, disappoint your friend who won't be alone and watch a movie with us?" Maria offered, Wanda walked in just then.
"What's going on?" She asked as she lifted Peter's feet, sat on the sofa, and put his feet on her lap.
"MJ can't make it to the dance so he doesn't want to go, but he doesn't want to let Ned down." Steve summed up quickly.
"Get dressed." Wanda ordered as she stood back up.
"What?"
"You aren't missing out because your girlfriend can't go, get up, get dressed and get your butt in a car." She pulled him off the couch and walked away. Confused, he looked over to Maria who shrugged and nodded towards the door. He scrambled up and ran to his room - one big no-no in the compound is ignoring Wanda, because she will just make you do it anyway.

Ten minutes later he was tripping out his room again to the common area. Maria was still sat where she had been before but now Natasha was sat beside her, having gotten home from walking Tro, and was being caught up with everything.
"I still don't know how to tie my tie." Peter huffed as he hopped into the room, pulling on his shoe. Maria, Sam and Scott all burst out with laughter at his situation - they couldn't help it. His top button and tie were undone, his blazer was on one arm, he had one shoe on and was hopping around to get the other on. His belt was undone and his hair a mess. Natasha stood and helped him quickly, she straightened his shirt and did up the top button, pulling his blazer around so he could get his arm in it and tied the tie to an eldridge knot. He sat down and did up his shoes after thanking her. Once he was dressed properly she stepped back and looked him over.
"Looking fresh kid." Sam laughed. Peter smiled nervously.

Soon Wanda came walking in, dressed in a floor length, navy blue, sparkly, strapless dress. She had black heels, straight hair and dangling earrings to match. The room stood still, jaws dropped and barely breathing. Natasha snapped out of her awed stupor first.
"Sweetheart, you look gorgeous." The statement made Maria and Steve come to attention.
"You are absolutely stunning." Maria smiled gently.
"Ain't you a swell bird?" Steve uttered. "You look beautiful doll." Wanda was blushing the whole time, gentle smile on her face.
"Wow." Peter uttered. Natasha and Maria chuckled while Wanda let out a nervous giggle.
"Good wow or bad wow?" The witch anxiously asked.
"Uh, good. You look amazing! Wanda, you are so beautiful. Good thing I'm Spider-Man, I don't think there'd be another way to keep the guys - and the girls honestly - away from you. I would say you've never looked so beautiful but I'd be lying. You're always pretty." He rambled.
"I'm already going with you, you don't need to shower me in compliments." The cheeky comment made the adults chuckle heartedly.
"You deserve it. Where's Vis? He's going to loose his shit when he sees you!" Before anyone could berate him for his language, he shot off like a rocket in search of the red man.
"Peter, we have to go or we'll be late!" The hero called after him, he had reached the end of the long corridor already. He spun and ran back.
"Yeah, you're right, he'll see you later. Let's go!" Natasha insisted on taking a picture of the two of them, while hiding her tears. Sam teased her about going soft to which she threw a knife noone had previously seen at him, pinning him to the nearby dart board, dead centre.
"God, you've grown up so much." She muttered to herself, Maria wrapped an arm around the redhead's waist in comfort. They sent the kids down to Happy and turned to each other. Natasha had a look of proud sadness on her face while Maria tried to comfort her through her expressions.