(2.5)Training ✓

"Natasha?" Wanda nervously walked into the surveillance room, the older woman was struggling with Maria's disappearance as it was.
"Yeah Wanda?"
"Peter was walking to his friends house and got spooked so called me to pick him up in town. When I got there he was gone but there was blood everywhere. I got the CCTV footage from across the street. It doesn't show much other than Peter being dragged off." She told the older woman solemnly.
"He's been kidnapped?" Natasha stood.
"Yeah."
"What's the bet it's the same people who have Maria?" Wanda hadn't thought about that but nodded anyway.
"Here's what facial recognition got of the guys dragging Peter away." She passed over some pictures - she'd been planning for an hour now. "They're all known members of the KGB." Natasha nodded, like she already knew - it wouldn't surprise anyone if she did.
"Then we know who has him. And we can go save them." And that set the plan into motion.

^_________^

Natasha sat on her bed and remembered training she and Peter had done over the years. She remembered his first training session, his first obstacle course, his first time using a gun. She remembered watching other agents teach him what they knew so he could become the best, so he could keep himself safe.

Natasha showed a four year old Peter around the SHIELD complex for the first time. She was pleased to see him mentally note each and every corner they took and look a little longer at things that could be considered land marks.

Five year old Peter standing in front of a punching back four times his height was the most adorable thing Natasha had seen. She knelt down behind him and showing him how to position his body and throw a descent punch. From then on their weekends were spent training, much to Peter's joy.

A little boy stood in a training ring, an agent in training opposite him. Everyone in the room knew the boy was going to loose, but they wanted to see what he had picked up.
He waited, watching every small movement his much larger opponent made, watched the shift his leading foot made before he punched. Watched the way his shoulders tensed before he jabbed. How his back foot shuffled before a kick. The small boy dodged everything. The larger opponent became frustrated, this was a seven year old managing to evade every move made at him. As he became more frustrated, Peter launched his whole body forward, grabbed the man's leg and spun around it, kicking out his knee and making him drop to his knees. With the opponent down at his level, Peter gave a sharp jab to the throat causing the agent to gag and gasp but before Peter could do anything else the larger guy swung his leg out, dropping Peter to the floor and pinned him.
Natasha and Fury were impressed with Peter's progress.

Natasha watched as nine year old Peter vaulted himself over a low brick wall while shooting his hand gun and hitting bullseye on the target. She saw him roll behind the next obstacle  and dodge the fake bullets flying his way before shooting them out and reloading perfectly. She watched him complete the course with a new personal record for both accuracy and time.

Ten year old Peter and a level four agent sparring, Peter lost but it took him a solid fifteen minutes to go down.

Fury watched as a twelve year old took down four new agents without breaking a sweat, he really was Natasha's kid.

Natasha watched from the sidelines as Phil Coulson and Melinda May - another agent the two trusted - taught Peter how to get out of different bindings. Melinda taught him how to break his wrist in such a way he could escape hand cuffs and just snap in back into place. Phil taught him to snap zip ties.

"Remember, if you're ever tortured, you shouldn't say anything. Don't give them so much as a sarcastic comment or insult and definitely not anything that they can use to find out information about you. Don't give them the satisfaction of screaming in pain, just glare and take it."
"May, what are you teaching the boy now?"
"Nothing Coulson." She stood and left, Natasha had been watching from the shadows. She prayed that her son never needed that advice but was glad someone was brave enough to give it to him.

Thirteen year old Peter teaching Wanda how to fight after Maria told him the best way to learn was to teach. Wanda listened carefully, but ultimately knew she would just use her powers.

Fourteen year old Peter winning against level six, seven and eight agents - but being thrashed by Melinda May. Natasha taught her son new moves and tactics but never sparred with him.

Fifteen year old Peter setting a new record for most accurate shots from non specialists.

Peter strutting around like he owned the place after he lifted more weight than Grant Ward - a specialist who claimed he'd beat the kid easily (Wanda and Maria knew he had super strength and both highly enjoyed watching Ward question everything silently after he got beaten by a teenager).

Agent Jemma Simmons teaching him field medicine so he could deal with whatever he needed to when he needed to.
Agent Leo Fitz teaching him how to disable a bomb in less than ten seconds, and how to build one in under six.
The IT team teaching him how to hack any system and how to send a signal out from any computer.
Maria teaching him how to take command in any situation.
Coulson teaching him how to relax as well as be ready for anything.
SHIELD teaching him everything they had to offer, and Peter absorbing the information like a sponge.

She remembered Peter's beaming smile after each session, and his excited rambling after he learnt something new. She remembered patching him up and icing his bruises. She remembered him whispering that Agent May scared him after their first time meeting and how much he loved spending time with Coulson.

And she remembered her own training - to be cold and calculating, to lack emotions. So that's what she did.