Meeting Part 2 ✓

A/N: WOOO finally get to publish this one!! It's been written since Meeting pt 1.

Peter held MJ's hand and dragged her to the elevator.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" MJ nervously tugged at the hem of her shirt as she tried to get her boyfriend to stop.
"Of course it is!" Peter exclaimed excitedly, turning to face her, beaming smile plastered on his face.
"And your mum isn't going to go all 'protective mamma bear' on me?" She dragged him to the side of the corridor, but he was having none of it and started leading her towards the elevator again.
"Of course not. Yes she's been more protective since I got kidnapped but she's not going to kill you. She isn't actually home right now, but she should be in about an hour so we can just chill until then." He tried to calm MJ's nerves.
"Is she going to be mad you invited me home?" Peter didn't like this anxiety riddled side of his girlfriend.
"Oh, maybe at me but that's fine." He stated, no point in lying.
"Peter." The older girl spoke in a warning tone.
"MJ, it's okay. You don't have to be nervous. Just think of it as hanging at my house instead of yours." She sighed but nodded and followed him to his room much less reluctantly.

He had a huge room; double bed pushed to one side, double wardrobe a little way away from that; huge desk pushed against the wall opposite, large bookcase taking up most of the wall space; wide-screen TV in front of a three person couch on a third wall; floor to ceiling windows on the last one. Posters for Star Wars hung on the wall as well as science hypothesises - both Peter's and other people's - and revision notes above his large wooden desk. Plenty of free space on the floor to pace - something MJ knew Peter did when nervous since coming home. The ceiling was painted midnight blue with glow-in-the-dark stars dotted around. The curtains were pitch black and thick, and one part of the window seemed separate from the rest - most likely a hatch for Peter to leave and enter through. Pictures hung around his bed: MJ spotted one of her and Peter; one of the two of them and Ned; one of just the two boys; four of Peter and a brunette woman - that she recognised from pictures he'd shown her as Maria - two had a redhead - MJ recognised her as Black Widow immediately - in them as well; a good ten of the Avengers in casual wear and one of them all sat outside at a barbecue; a couple from missions with Avengers, she noticed the Spiderman suit in the corner - like he'd taken a selfie above his head; one of a brunette girl MJ didn't know with a red haze around her, smile on her face; a woman she recognised as the princess of Wakanda and Peter laughing in a high-tech lab; and around seven of him and Black Widow from different times in his life. It was cute that he kept pictures of his loved ones around his bed. On his desk sat another one, Black Widow and Maria had their arms around each other, Peter was beaming next to them with his arm over the other brunette's shoulder, she was kissing his cheek a piece of paper in her hand. MJ knew Peter would never cheat, but she couldn't help but feel threatened by the other girl - who fit into his world of nonsense and understood what it meant to be different. Peter tended not to talk about family at school, and he had never shown her a picture of the sister he supposedly had. All she knew was that this beautiful woman was a big part of Peter's life, how was she to know their relationship.

Peter dropped himself down on the sofa and turned the TV on, MJ lowered herself onto the cushioned seat next to him. They watched Hidden Figures - MJ's favourite film. Peter hadn't seen it before but thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie. It was about three female African-American mathematicians playing a pivotal role in John Glenn's launch into orbit, while they also had to deal with racial and gender discrimination at work. It reminded him of Fury's stories of a pilot named Carol and her 'best friend' Maria.

FRIDAY informed him that Natasha was home and on her way to his room. Peter jumped up and into the hall to see her - luckily for him, not an uncommon occurrence so she wasn't suspicious when she saw him.