You're Spiderman ✓

A/N: Sort of short but sweet.

Natasha watched the latest video of Spider-Man. He had stopped three cars colliding and undoubtedly saved lives. If Natasha didn't know who it was she would have been impressed, proud even, but instead worry ate away at her stomach. She watched in fear as he swung between buildings and leapt over cars. She's had enough.
"Friday, notify me the moment Peter gets back." She told the AI.
"Of course Ms Romanoff." Came the automated response. Natasha nodded before busying herself with folding the laundry - hers and Maria's in one pile, Peter's in another (she had never gotten around to teaching him how the washing machine worked but really needed to - a fifteen year old should know how to wash their clothes).

Half an hour later, Friday's voice rang out informing the redhead of her son's arrival. She grabbed the first aid kit she kept in her room and walked to his - she'd seen what he had done and suspected he'd need it, super healing or not. Without knocking she walked into his room. He was halfway through getting the spider suit off. It was loose and ill-fitting yet in the videos she'd seen it was right - the spy assumed he had figured out a way to deflate it so he could easily get in and out of it.

"Hey Spiderman." She said with no emotion on her face as she walked in and set the first aid kit on his bed.
"Mama! This isn't what it looks like!"
"Really? Because it looks like you lied about going to Ned's to fight crime in the city as a superhero you said you had barely even heard of."
"I - uh - I. Sorry Mama." She softened at his disheartened tone. "You weren't meant to find out."
"I hope there's a 'like this' on the end of that sentence." The redhead spoke the millisecond Peter stopped. He looked at the floor, ashamed. "I already knew."
"Wait... What?" The boy jerked his head up.
"Come on Pete, I'm you mother and one of the best spies in the world - you really thought you could hide this from me?"
"Sorry Mama. I didn't want to worry you after everything." She smiled sadly at him before walking close.
"I am always going to worry about you, you're my son, my child. There will never be a day I don't worry about you. That doesn't mean you should hide things from me. I just want to keep you safe and happy. But you need to be careful, I won't have you running around past midnight god knows where and getting shot at. It's terrifying. I can't loose you. Do you know how scary it is to watch your son fall a hundred feet? I lost you once and I can't let it happen again. I love you so much, you mean the world to me." She was clasping his shoulders, trying to make eye contact while he looked anywhere but her eyes.
"I sorry. I'm so sorry Mama." The spy opened her arms for her son to fall into. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, clung to her shirt and cried into her shoulder.
"Clearly, you love being Spiderman so I won't make you stop. But you need to stay safe. We can have Stark make you a better suit, one that will protect you if you fall or get shot at. We can have extra training sessions where you learn how to utilize your powers in a fight. I would wrap you up in bubble wrap and cotton if I could and lock you in a vault so nothing could hurt you, but I can't so I have to keep you safe in other ways. But baby, I can't loose you again." If she wasn't a hardened spy and assassin, Natasha too would be a crying mess in her son's arms.

They stayed there for over an hour, crying and holding each other. Natasha mumbling how she wanted him to be safe and Peter muttering apology after apology. Eventually they started talking normally again, sat on the bed and Peter tucked against Natasha's chest.
"How did you know?"
"So many ways baby. How did you hide it from me for months?"
"Wait? Really? You didn't know immediately?"
"No, I trusted you - when you say you're going to Ned's or doing homework or meeting the decathlon team at the library. You've always been an honest boy and I believed you. We'll work on that later, right now I'm glad you're safe. So, how did you hide it?"
"Maria and Wanda helped."
"They know?"
"You know when I was ill for three weeks? It was because I got bitten by a radioactive Spider. Wanda found out then. I got stuck to the toilet bowl because I'm sticky and Wanda had to ply me off with her magic. She helped me come to terms with everything and tried to convince me not to go out Spidermaning because she didn't want me to get hurt. Maria overheard us talking about it so we convinced her to help us and stay quiet."
"They're grounded then." Natasha said emotionlessly. Peter chuckled nervously.
"I'm guessing I am too?"
"Yes, you are. Very grounded, well, you can still go to school, decathlon and as long as someone is supervising you can go out as Spider-Man but no TV, no Video games, no lab time and no seeing friends outside of school."
"But maaaammaaaa..."
"Shouldn't have lied to me." She poked his tummy like when he was little. He giggled so she started tickling him and poking him. They eventually collapsed back in the bed laughing. "I just want you safe, my boy."
"I know, Mama." He kissed her cheek. "I'm really hungry, can we go get a snack?"
"Of course. Let's go."