(3)Rescue and Return ✓

A/N: it is so bad but I couldn't work out how to do words. I had so many ideas and this poop fell out.

Maria had been a hostage almost three months when Peter joined her, and she knew they'd been there another two now - it appeared Peter was better at keeping time in the dark than she was, which shouldn't be as surprising considering his spider powers and 250 IQ.

Peter decided it was time to escape after his tenth round in the electric chair - whether because he knew what he wanted to know or because he was fed up, Maria didn't know. She found that she knew a lot less than she wanted to know these days, and couldn't wait to be back in command - to be the one with all the information.

"Alright, let's do this." He gathered the tools he'd been collecting - rope, sharp metal, the gun - all hidden in different places in the room.

(θ‿θ)

"Guys! I think I found him!" Tony shouted.
"What? How?" Bruce asked, running into the room, Natasha, Wanda and Steve not far behind.
"I hacked into all known KGB ran village wireless cameras and found a match between the guys that grabbed Peter and the guys in this village. Ten miles out is a huge facility belonging to one Maxim Turgenev. He-"
"Leads the information retrieval side of the KGB, gets all the information they need. He's good, I worked under him for a while." Natasha told them. "You're right, you have found Peter." She told him with remorse.
"I thought you'd be happier." Steve stated, confused.
"We'll be lucky if he's still alive. Two months is a long time, I saw highly trained men and women break in days. He killed them the moment he got what he wanted." She continued, Wanda held her hand tightly.
"Let's storm the place anyway, if he's still alive we need to rescue him. And if he's not, we need to avenge him." Wanda's accent had come back full force in the time Peter had been missing - everyone assumed it was her fear clouding her ability to change it when she wanted to.
"Avengers!" Steve called into the walkie talkie at his hip. Everyone had one as it allowed them to communicate within the compound without the discomfort of wearing the Comms all the time.
"Assemble!" Tony finished, knowing Steve's biggest goal was to shout the phrase. Everyone ran to gear up, even Helen Cho got ready.

(θ‿θ)

"You ready?" Peter helped Maria stand up before gathering everything he needed.
"If this goes wrong they will kill us." She reminded him one last time - she still didn't know the plan.
"Yep, so it can't go wrong. Oh, and, you're going to want these." Peter handed over something, Maria realised they were sunglasses - where he got them, she would never know.
"Thanks." She knew the light would blind her after five months in the dark, but Peter had been periodically dragged out into the light which allowed his eyes to adjust better.
"Let's go!" He kicked the door solidly off the hinges. It slammed into the other wall and broke in half - like planned. He grabbed the half with the handle on one side and used it as a shield to protect them both. Maria had the gun, he had the rope.

He wanted to get out as quickly as possible, but he knew he needed an extraction and hopefully a flash drive of information. So that was where they were heading - the nearest computer three corridors down.

(θ‿θ)

"We're here!" Clint announced as they landed a few miles out.
"Let's go!" Those who could fly, did - Tony grabbed Natasha before shooting after the others - while those who couldn't fly, took off running.

All entrances were covered and ready to be broken when the doors in front of Natasha and Wanda slammed open and fell shut again. Gun shots could be heard inside so the two ran forward and pulled the doors wide.

"Maria? Shit, you weren't meant to get shot. Maria!" They saw Peter covering Maria's with his body, half a metal door protecting both of them from the gunshots quickly catching up to them.
"Peter?" Wanda asked. The boy spun to see his older sister.
"Wanda! I knew you would find me! That was really quick. I've missed you so much!"
"I've missed you too." The witch darted forward and crouched behind the door before making a forcefield.
"Couldn't do that sooner?" Peter joked and leant against her. Then he saw Natasha. "Mama!" He dropped the door, Wanda had Maria covered, and ran towards the redhead. Well, ran is an exaggeration. He half limped, half fell towards Natasha - who had yet to react but caught him before he hit the ground.
"Please tell me this is real and not in my head." She whispered into his blood caked hair.
"This is real. God, I love you mama!" He didn't care about the blood dripping onto his mother's catsuit as he held her as if life his life depended on it. "I promise I'm never leaving again."
"You better not. I'd never forgive you." She brushed his now red hair. "Let's get you home." With her son back in her arms, she seemingly forgot about Maria, well, forgot is the wrong word. Focussed on Peter was more realistic.
"But Maria..." He pulled away before she could escort him back.
"Nat, we gotta get her help if she's gonna make it." Wanda called from her place protecting the injured woman.
"Right." They were interrupted by Steve talking into the Comms.
"Everyone in position?" A series of yes's came back. "Nat, Wanda what about you two?" Peter wanted to reply and surprise everyone, but Wanda spoke first.
"We need med evac right now!" She demanded, throwing psionic energy balls at HYDRA soldiers and slamming them into the far wall a hundred meters back.
"Where are you?" Tony demanded, his repulsors firing up again to carry him over.
"South West corner." Natasha replied.
"You both sound fine." Sam commented.
"It's not for us dipshit. It's for Maria, we found them." Wanda growled, Peter and Natasha were by her side. Natasha was attempting to stop the bleeding as Peter held the door as cover while shooting the last few rounds in the gun he'd stolen and Wanda fought everyone off.
"Them? Both of them?" Rhodes asked in amazement.
"We weren't meant to storm it yet!" Steve complained before she could reply. "You could've been hurt." They could hear everyone heading their way.
"We didn't go in, they came out. Hurry your arses up." Tony swooped in and hooked his arms under Maria's back and legs before shooting off to take her to Bruce and Helen who were waiting on the jet for medical. Rhodey arrived next, he covered Wanda while she and Peter backed out the building and Natasha slammed the door shut. He then grabbed Peter and shot into the sky to take him back to the jet. Wanda grabbed Natasha and the two flew to the plane, slower than the other two.